about RTC driver

Hi, I will develop a RTC driver for MPC5200B.I am a fresh one. I hope some one give me some advices about how to design a good RTC driver, what should I consider. Thanks.

Reply to
leilei

You have failed to supply some relevant information.

1) You do mean Real Time Clock, right? (Hey, RTC could mean something else.)

B) Is this driver to be written to suit a particular operating system?

III) Do you have a particular RTC chip in mind?

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
                                   |   two, one and one make one."
    mrkesti at hotmail dot com     |          - The Who, Bargain
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti

The MPC5200B has a built-in Real Time Clock. The main concern with=20 writing a driver for this RTC is that it processes commands on its own=20

32 KHz bus cycle, so multiple writes to its registers can be missed.

It is well documented in the Freescale MPC5200B User?s Manual, Rev. 1.3,=20 section 7.6.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz