Spice-based simulation software

Been seeing a lot of references to Spice simulation software lately. - I'd be interested to hear any advice on any freeware/shareware versions to give it a try.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

You can download a nice package for free from the Linear Technology web site.

It goes by the names of LTSpice and SwitcherCAD3

- mkaras

Reply to
mkaras

I'd

give

Thank you mkaras, this appears to be just what I was looking for.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

Are these limited in any way?

Thanks, David

Reply to
David

No.

Reply to
Damir

Also look here

Damir

"David" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@netnews.insightbb.com...

Hello David,

LTspice from Linear Technology has no limits. It has been developed to give the designers of DC/DC converters a tool to develop their circuits with the switchmode ICs from Linear Technology. Kudos to the program author Mike who has made LTspice a general purpose SPICE program too.

Maybe you can imagine how many use it when I tell you that more than 6300 users have already signed in to the LTspice Yahoo user group. If I assume that these are only a few percent of the users, then there must be over 100000 who have used it.

Best regards, Helmut

To whom it may concern: I am not an employee of Linear Technology

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald