Line driving/SI/Spice software?

I'm looking for some software for modelling signal propagation/integrity on high-speed digital PCBs. Can anyone suggest something? This is for hobbyist use so something free/cheap would be preferable. I'd prefer Linux if possible, or Windows as a second choice.

Or should I just be using Spice? My analog knowledge is currently near-zero, so I think I'd find this difficult, but I'd be willing to give it a go.

All suggestions gratefully received -

Rick

Reply to
RickThompson

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:58:20 +0000, RickThompson wroth:

Since your needs are based in part on mechanical PCB layout details, I don't think you will find anything in the free/cheap category to do the job. If you are knowledgable enough to convert PCB parasitics into equivalent LRC models, then any spice-like simulator would work.

Jim

Reply to
James Meyer

Thanks. I'm sort-of-tempted by the combination of Eagle and B2 Spice: it looks like I can get a hobbyist-level schematic and layout package, plus a Spice GUI front-end that'll communicate with the layout, for $250. The only downer is that B2 Spice appears to run only on Windows and MacOS, although Eagle will run on Linux.

I can more-or-less do the LRC models; I'll wait and see if anyone else has a better idea before spending all that money...

Cheers

Rick

Reply to
Rick Thompson