SMart Spice Simulation Parallelization

Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to organize a bunch of disjoined windows sim machines as to achieve optimal time-of-simulation results? I know smart spice hasdata parallelization capabilities but I am not sure whether it is available for windows machines. Is there some software that can facilitate and decrease simulation time? Organize the machines under a common server and run something there, perhaps...Task parallelizatiion vs data parallelization? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Fioren

Reply to
fioren

Well, I am trying to reduce the simulation time in any way possible:

What is the optimal setup (in terms of windows sim machines and SmartSpice simulators) to eliminate the need for separate individual remote desktop log-in on each machine and synchronize the machines so that the same circuit can be run on separate machines(several CPU's) but with different parameters, corners, etc. and the machines are synced such that ideally SmartSpice can transfer, re-use data between the sims (naturally a slow communication channel here would be an overhead in sim time)?

Ideally this is the goal, a designer logs on to a single machine/server, and specifies a circuit (testbench) to be simulated with a bunch simulations for various corners e.g.; the server then checks which of its designated sub-machines are free (!), notifiest SmartSpice so it can start simulating on them. Now as more machines become free, SmartSpice sends different parts of the testbench to different machines to be simulated so in essence we have parallel sims of the same circuit but on different machines. Now add in more cicuits/testbenches as well so we have a machine that perhaps might simulate like this: tt circuit A, ss Circuit B, ff circuit C, ss Circuit A, etc. - (some kind of priority here) Something like that...:) Does that automation seem possible on windows machines and what would it require? Thanks

Reply to
fiorentico

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

...Jim Thompson

Does SmartSpice support such multiprocessing? I don't think so.

...Jim Thompson