(speaks for itself)

John

I've always found multi-page articles about how irrelevant someone or something is kinda... odd. If they really wish Wozniak would just quietly disappear, writing an article about him isn't helping them any. (And unlike, say, Paris Hilton, I don't think Woz actively tries to keep himself in the news: It's rather some reporters who really admire the guy and hang on his every word...)

Tht article also seems a bit overly obsessed with the fact that Woz is a rather heavyset guy these days.

Woz was clearly always more about having fun with engineering -- and doing it very inexpensively -- then he was about being a hard-nosed business man desirous of cash as Steve Jobs is. Anyone who met the guy for more than 15 minutes shouldn't surprised that his own business ventures lost money. But I suspect he doesn't feel bad that the businesses themselves failed (and he personally lost millions), whereas he does feel bad about the good people involved who lost their jobs or investments. If his goal *were* to make money, the best thing he could do would be to find a business partner with a head for it... like Jobs.

The article also doesn't mention that he was in an airplane crash while at Apple, and afterwards he began behaving a bit differently and his interests shifted. Whether that was just due to having a long time to consider his priorities in life as he spent months recovering in a hospital bed or due to physiological damage, who can say? Heck, it didn't even take an airplane crash to seriously alter this guy's view of the life:

. Even Jobs was rather a bit of a nut-case early on at Apple -- Apple had been around many years before Jobs settled down into becoming at least predictable in his behavior, which unfortunately included frequent belitting of his own employees. (No question Jobs is a talented guy -- just his personality is rather abrasive to many.)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Sounds an OK guy.

--
Dirk

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

.

But the really bizarre part is the Flash clip of the Segway Polo.

John

You're not young enough to have been part of the Dungeons & Dragons craze too though, John. :-)

I think their long term goal is to play Quidditch, but the technology isn't quite here yet...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

On a sunny day (Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:10:43 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Yes!Segway Polo looks fun :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

With stock Segways and strict non-contact rules it just looks nerdy. Maybe combine it with battlebots. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

.

Does anyone give a flying f**k what "The Register" thinks of the "Woz" ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

14" saw blades on the wheels?
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

I didn't know that anyone thought about 'Woz'. "Out of sight, out of his mind."

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

The general public thinks that Jobs was the brains behind Apple. He was only a marketing type, and raised the initial money. Woz did the design. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

A good design with out sales, it just a pile of junk.

don

Reply to
don

The early Commodore PET was a lot better computer, but poorly marketed.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Marketing and money was all that Apple ever has been. The technology has always been someone else's. Throwing together a microcomputer from parts isn't a crowning achievement.

Reply to
krw

Making PCs themselves is about as high-tech as making refrigerators.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

The spikes on the wheel hubs like Roman Chariots...real pedestrian unfriendly.

Reply to
Ingvald44

Since refrigerators today have the equivalent of a PC in them, pretty much. ;-)

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:44:52 -0500) it happened Ingvald44 wrote in :

Been thinking, I could win the game with a good EMC weapon :-) They'd all fall over :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

in

Classic! LMAO...