Speaker and Crossover Spice Models?

I am trying to better understand some of the more complex passive crossovers I have seen with multiple poles and figured Spice (Orcad 9.x) to the rescue.

Wondering if anyone has a collection of speaker and crossover PSPICE models that they wouldn't mind sharing. I figured I would model my stuff on both JBL and Eminence drivers and crossovers.

If anyone has any OrCAD Spice models for these that they are willing to share I would be greatly appreciative.

Hawker

Reply to
Hawker

Thought I saw some loud speaker stuff in the LTSpice forum on Yahoo Groups, but I'm not finding it now. However, a Google search for "loud speaker spice model" or the like will get you lots of hits, and a question on the LTSpice forum is very likely to get some replies.

I suspect it will also be very helpful to look up some articles on passive crossovers that go into the reasons they were designed the way they were. Just analyzing them will likely leave you with a lack of understanding of the whys.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

On 5/11/2007 4:07 PM, The digits of Tom Bruhns's hands composed the following:

Well that is not to say I haven't done my share of homework, research and such. I also have found some good links on loud speaker design with spice. The issue is that 99.9% of everything out there is way over simplistic. They all tend to be about basic crossover models. Yet if you take apart a JBL crossover you see they added all kinds of extra poles and tweaks. What is even more interesting is looking at how they tweaked say and SR series crossover from the original to the A to the X versions in few cases where they didn't also tweak the driver. I know in a nutshell what they were doing, but to see the whole picture it is nice to model it. I have yet to find any crossover resource (or commercially available crossover) that takes it to the level of a typical professional PA speakers crossover.

My question was simply if anyone had the models so I don't have to hand make them and figure out all the parameters for common drivers and such.

Hawker

Reply to
Hawker