Someone claim that "Hspice has more precise model than pspice".

Regards;

Someone claim that "Hspice has more precise model than pspice". Is this claim right?.............

thank you any positive suggestion is welcome may goodness be with you all

Reply to
mikelinyoho

You had a model of some component in mind?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

HSpice takes a perfectly good Berkeley BSIM3v3 model and adds extra TC's on just about every parameter... probably to keep PhD's employed and to cause great annoyance to users of other simulators.

Most of my clients are large corporations run by management who equate cost with quality, so they buy CAD systems with HSpice as the core.

Fortunately the engineers at these corporations report precise match between their simulations and mine.

If you've missed your dose of village idiot for today, just call HSpice "support" and you will be fully satisfied ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

On 19 Sep 2005 19:04:26 -0700, mikelinyoho wrote in Msg.

This depends entirely on the model and not on ther underlying Spice engine, which is the same in all theses Spice derivatives (and has been for literally decades). It is possible that different Spice distributions come with different sets of models, but the models are interchangeable.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Regards;

Is this claim right?.............

welcome

HSpice takes a perfectly good Berkeley BSIM3v3 model and adds extra TC's on just about every parameter... probably to keep PhD's employed and to cause great annoyance to users of other simulators.

Most of my clients are large corporations run by management who equate cost with quality, so they buy CAD systems with HSpice as the core.

Fortunately the engineers at these corporations report precise match between their simulations and mine.

If you've missed your dose of village idiot for today, just call HSpice "support" and you will be fully satisfied ;-)

...Jim Thompson

--
|  James E.Thompson, P.E.
    |    mens     |