RS485 half duplex and full duplex question

regards:

How could I test RS485(half duplex) or RS422(full duplex)

any positive suggestion is welcome. best regards to you all

mike-smith

Reply to
mikeotp

With an oscilloscope and a "reference" device that you can set up to send and receive data.

-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Yes, but will I at see the EASTER BUNNY in visi.com skintight leather at an IRON MAIDEN concert?

Reply to
Grant Edwards

regards:

excuse me ,what is the "reference" device? could someone excellent to explain more detail?

any positive suggestion is welcome. best regards to you all

mike-smith

Reply to
mikeotp

regards:

excuse me ,what is the "reference" device? could someone excellent to explain more detail? ^.^

any positive suggestion is welcome. best regards to you all

mike-smith

Reply to
mikeotp

A device with an RS485 or RS422 interface that you know works.

You write rather English rather oddly for somebody named Mike Smith...

--
Grant
Reply to

Buy a converter for your PC. Like B&B Electronics.

Reply to
Neil

regards:

If my system is like the followings: the system architecture is:

then do I need any control signal to control the "TX" "RX"?

any positive suggestion is welcome. best regards to you all

mike

Reply to
mikeotp

That will work fine. Connect TX enable and RX enable to the appropriate levels so they are permanently enabled.

Reply to
TT_Man