What is ICE?....

Regards;

What is ICE?....

thank you any positive suggestion is welcome may goodness be with you all

Reply to
mikelinyoho

The solid phase of a substance; when unqualified, generally assumed to mean water ice. This capitalization, in Internet terms, is specified emphatically and should be read in a shouting voice.

Purchase or steal a clue.

Reply to
larwe

hi, google it frist.

Reply to
Wallking

Probably In Circuit Emulator.

-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! YOU'D cry too if it at happened to YOU!! visi.com

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Regards;

thanks for replys.

What is ICE "In-Circuit Emulator"?

thank you any positive suggestion is welcome may goodness be with you all

Reply to
mikelinyoho

If you have to ask, you're in over your head.

JM

Reply to
John Mianowski

Ross Marchant

It is interesting that some people have found groups.google.com and posted an information request from there, while the information would have been available through

:-).

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Perhaps you would care to do a Google search yourself before denigrating the OP's question. OK, I got 160,000,000 hits but the first page full didn't have anything close the answers I suspect that the OP was after. I think that it is always beneficial, if you are suggesting Googling to a relative noob that you have at least done some preparatory work to help them hone in a little faster.

Others have, I noted, already presented responses in the context of this newsgroup that may have already answered the OP's question.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Going Forth Safely ....EBA. http://www.electric-boat-association.org.uk/********************************************************************
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Well, as the question was posted in comp.arch.embedded you could limit the search for ICE and embedded which gives more usefull links. BTW: ICE also is the name of the high speed trains in Germany

Reply to
Wim

In the world of GCC, an ICE is "Internal Compiler Error".

(I can't believe that I'm contributing to this bandwidth wasting thrashing ... ;-)

-- Michael N. Moran (h) 770 516 7918

5009 Old Field Ct. (c) 678 521 5460 Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key." The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1

Reply to
Michael N. Moran

No doubt you will get a lot of hits from the solid form of water :-).

However, since the OP posted to comp.arch.embedded, it appears that he/she was not interested in the solid form of water, but rather with something to do with computers, embedded systems, microprocessors, microcontrollers etc. Including some of these e.g.

ICE microcontroller

would have brought up the definition on the search page directly as the second item and clicking the first would also have returned the same information. Googling ICE microprocessor would also have turned up relevant links on the first page.

I was fully aware of that (look at the message time stamps) and also aware of the OP's response to that by asking

Either this is someone really lazy doing his/her homework or more likely a troll, since after giving some explanation for In-Circuit Emulator, the OP would have asked again started about every concept from that point.

I think that even with questions that looks very much like homework, one can get much more usable answers from this news by showing that you have at least first tried to solve the problem on your own, but then gotten into a dead end and then need some help. Getting into a dead end will happen to everybody. However, expecting that others will feed you with a spoon without doing any effort will not get much sympathy.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

The first one was the Institute of Chemical Engineers; but yes, there was quite a lot on frozen water and ice-cream products (even when the letters I C and E are separated by spaces or periods. [%X]

I totally agree that a better framed question, with evidence of at least minimal research by the original poster, would have improved the quality of the response.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Going Forth Safely ....EBA. http://www.electric-boat-association.org.uk/********************************************************************
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

ICE is the foundation of the drink that I pour myself at the end of the day when I look in the mirror and ask myself, "What in the Hell were you thinking when you decided to make engineering your life's profession?"

Reply to
PabloRena ---> AnalProbe

It's a two-step process for me. If I had no idea, first I would google on "acronym server"**.

From that, with a few clicks, I would get:

ICE Illinois Computing Educators ICE In-Car Entertainment ICE In-Circuit Emulator Intel ICE Innovations (in) Connectivity Exposition ICE Insane Creator's Enterprises ICE Instituto Costarricense (de) Electricidad ICE InterCity Experimental another German train ICE InterCity Express German train ICE Interactive Collaborative Environment Sandia National Laboratories, USA ICE Internal Combustion Engine ICE International Cometary Explorer ICE Intrusion Countermeasures Electronics

** Of course, not everyone would agree that "ICE" is an acronym, but "initialism server" doesn't yield as good results.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Good one :))

--
Sandro Mangovski
PGP key ID: 0x434F1EDB | ICQ: 92602206

In fact, a Google search for "ICE acronym" shows that "In-circuit emulator" is perhaps the least popular meaning :-)

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

That doesn't include the latest and highly hyped meaning: In Case of Emergency.

Well, it's likely either an acronym or the OP's caps lock key is stuck.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting
removebalmerconsultingthis@att.net
Reply to
Alan Balmer

How do you say it? I say eye cee eee, which, by some definitions is not an acronym like "UART" (yu-art), but an abbreviation or initialism.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The three words are intertwingled :-) There's no requirement that an acronym be pronounceable, though it can be. Initialism seems to be restricted to acronyms which are only pronounced by spelling out the letters. An acronym is an abbreviation, but abbreviations can take other forms as well.