Some of my design work in action...

You can't even buy Raid type bug spray here in San Francisco, so I stock up on various critter and plant poisons when I'm in Truckee.

You also can't get zero-degree windshield washer fluid here, ditto.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Roundup is just about safe enough to drink. I have a jug of concentrate whose warning says merely "May cause gastrointestinal disturbance if taken internally."

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I once instrumented the backwoods of Mississippi with acoustic monitors, for the static engine testing of the S1B moon rocket engines. We had steel Hoffman boxes up on telephone poles, with microphones and landline FM links back to NASA. The signal frequency range was something like 0.1 to 300 Hz. All analog, lots of pot core LC filters and such.

The two big problems were locals taking shots at our gear, and sub-audible-frequency male alligator mating calls, which NASA first thought were intermittent oscillations in our gear.

Precision electronic instrumentation

We have big triangular signs on poles that say YIELD.

Precision electronic instrumentation

People seem to like to trail me on the freeways, in my blazing red Audi. I don't think that cops actually target red cars for special attention.

Precision electronic instrumentation

ereux

evereux

:

ing

are

. Had

I wouldn't drink it, enough glyphosate will kill you and that's not the onl y thing they put in roundup

It has started to show up in drinking water something Monsanto said was impossible

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Tailgaters usually enjoy being close to you, so it's only good manners to slow down a bit and let them enjoy the view. After enjoying that for a while, they'll usually thank you by roaring past with a monodigital wave.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

There's gear that will measure parts-per-trillion, sometimes single molecules, of stuff in water. So everything shows up.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Bored cops play snooker. Red car, then a colour, then another red, then a colour and so on until all reds are gone, then through the colours, yellow, brown, green, blue, pink, black.

Red is the worst colour to have.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

The problem with that is you need to know how to read. I understand some of the locals out your way aren't that educated! (some)..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Not surprising at all. I bet you can't buy TSP, either. ...even in dishwasher detergent.

There is little need in SF, no? I *know* alcohol isn't illegal. ;-)

Reply to
krw

That's funny! They must have thought you had some interesting electronics in there, if there were a chorus of males competing.

Reply to
krw

That's what I told my wife (ruby red Mustang *convertible* - even worse). She drives like an old lady, though. ;-)

Reply to
krw

is

It is actually standard in the USA. AASHTO supports it and it is in the US FHWA "Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices."

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

That three-sided figure (what's it called, again?) does have a rather unique meaning, though.

Reply to
krw

I think the word that you're looking for is "triangle."

Precision electronic instrumentation

I told my wife that it's not a midlife crisis and I'm not on the prowl. It's just a red car. She has an orange Honda Fit.

I am *so* tired of grey and white and black cars. I can always spot mine in a parking lot.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Maybe. Before we can be sure, we'll have to wait for Slowman to give us his grand insight.

Reply to
krw

It's *her* mid-life crisismobile (though it is fun to drive). I drive an F150 (identical color).

I don't like boring colors, either, and lean to the darker colors (don't like most oranges or red-oranges, though). Some cars look good in black and some in blue. I don't have a place set up to show pretty pictures.

Reply to
krw

tr'angle is the proper pronunciation >:-} ...Jim Thompson