Some of my design work in action...

There are about as many who know that as there are who know where their turn signal control is.

Reply to
krw

I'd think that a decent hunting rifle, much less a 50 cal, would have interesting effects on PC boards and LEDs.

Precision electronic instrumentation

The better half bought some crap enviro-safe weedkiller... $25-30 for a couple plastic bottles of somewhat concentrated vinegar (acetic acid). It barely slowed the weeds down for a week or two, and certainly had a side effect on this human (I was pissed off).

It's hard to buy the good stuff in Ontario (or NY state), so I made a mixture of sand and salt that keeps them out of the interlocking brick seams for a lot longer.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

To burst your tires?

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)

I've always treated 4 way stops as first to stop, first to start. Uncontrolled intersections, I like "filter in turn". There's always the aggressive, hyper-testosterone type to spoil that, though.

Then there's the guy who busts a gut to get past, then slows down, doesn't want to go faster, just to be in front. I'd sooner have him in front, than behind, anyway.

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

to show that you have to yield,

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On a sunny day (Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:21:21 -0500) it happened snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in :

Clearly! ;-) I think you missed the joke.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Well, you live in loony left land. This has nothing to do with the safety of the products in use almost everywhere else.

Reply to
krw

A crappy varmint rifle will do them in. The road signs were likely shot with these, or a small-caliber handgun (like a 9mm). BTW, those signs are *not* thin.

Reply to
krw

The question becomes who wins the tie? A: The guy on the right.

If he's going slower, I'd rather have him behind. ;-)

Reply to
krw

"Tiger Teeth" is a name for a tire-shredding device that will cost you a set of tires if you try to reverse or drive the wrong way over them.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Never seen those.

This iconography/symbolism thing is peculiarly European.

A white line across the road conveys similar meaning, and is a whole lot easier to paint.

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

If he's erratic, I'd rather have him where I can see him, I don't mind going a little slower to keep him a sensible distance in front. Tailgaters piss me off.

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Seems to work well in Arizona... it's rare I see a bully push ahead of the rule, and that's usually a New Yawker... or similarly uncivilized state. ...Jim Thompson

[snip]

That's the first part of the rule, second part covers simultaneous arrivals.

When I'm doing 100+ I always like someone just in front... acting as the radar screener >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I have been known to test tailgaters by hitting the brake with both feet >:-} ...Jim Thompson

But it takes much more paint, releasing more "chemicals" into the atmosphere!

Reply to
krw

I don't slam on the brakes (cars are never the same after such repairs and it's not profitable), rather just tap them so my brake lights come on. If that doesn't work, a little harder tap so it's obvious I'm braking. If that fails, I just slow down enough to really piss 'em off.

Reply to
krw

I call them my "rabbits". ;-)

Reply to
krw

rs

why on earth would you do something retarded like that?