Some of my design work in action...

Yeah - every boat on the planet boards from the wrong side too ...

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

There's nothing nice about "old fashioned," the materials were garbage. The people back then would have used the more modern paving materials had they been available, cobblestone is garbage.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That block paving is modern, not really ye olde cobblestones.

There is some that looks like it outside my house, PITA. The gaps are filled with sand, so weeds grow out of it if not heavily travelled. Had to "mow the pavement" last summer.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

On a sunny day (Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:45:20 +0000) it happened John Devereux wrote in :

I found a nice way to get the weeds out between those stones: I put a big rotary steel brush in the electric drill, and go over the spaces between the stones, the weeds shoot away.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Whether you regulate current or voltage depends on what information you convey in the feedback signal. If the negative feedback signal is derived from a voltage across a current-sensing resistor, then you have current regulation. (That is the high level view; the devil is in the specific details, always).

Also, regulating current seems to be, in a sense, "native" to the switcher. Justification: what does an inductor "do"? It "wants" to keep the same current going!

Reply to
Kaz Kylheku

Not triple-strength weedkiller then?

Ooops.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

London Transport. It's London - the double red lines mean that it's a 'red route', so no stopping on pain of execution.

Those billboards are corporate vandalism.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

The best way is "pre-emergence" spray... prevents seeds from germinating. Also the artificial grass maintenance >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Chaswick

...Jim Thompson

Landscaping cloth when the cobblestones are laid and Roundup after, works.

Reply to
krw

"Landscape cloth" in Arizona only aggravates the propagation of Bermuda grass rootlets, because it traps moisture. I paid extra for that once in my lifetime, then I learned. ...Jim Thompson

Landscaping cloth does *NOT* trap water. That's the whole point. If you wanted to trap water, use plastic.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sat, 25 Jan 2014 09:34:03 +0000) it happened John Devereux wrote in :

No I try to avoid that stuff, most have side effects on humans too...

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Left hand driving takes a little getting used to, but not halfway as bad

Dutch, and French, drivers flying out of side roads, without warning, (or looking, sometimes).

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)

In some places (eg. Nevada). it's more than a fantasy. It's interesting to see how many shots haven't penetrated thin road signs. They must buy their ammo at WalMart ;-)

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

on

I think the right has right of way is used in many places, it is just that there is few unmarked intersections in most places so it is pretty much limited to parking lots

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I think it's worldwide, that "on the right" has right-of-way at uncontrolled or (as we have many in Arizona) 4-way stop-sign-controlled intersections. ...Jim Thompson

mpson

ad

at

we have very few stop signs, almost all intersections even if there is a light will have "shark teeth"

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Port gives way to Starboard..