Solar Panel inclination

See

Depends on the season that you need peak output, I guess.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Miller

Does anybody know the mathematical formula to calculate the inclination of a solar panel with reference the latitude?

I am in the latitude S 23

Tia Fernando

-- Fernando Carvalho

Fernando

Hi, Fernando -

My take on it is that the worst time of year for charging your batteries is your winter (shortest hours). That's when the sun is 23.5 degrees north of the celestial equator. That would mean the panel should be aimed 46.5 degrees north from directly over your head. That is, due north but elevated

44 degrees.

It won't make much difference to be off several degrees.

Good luck.

John

Reply to
John Smith

I read in sci.electronics.design that Fernando wrote (in ) about 'Solar Panel inclination', on Wed, 9 Feb 2005:

The calculation for September 21st is rather easy, then. For June and December 21, it's 23 degrees and for March 21 it must be 46-47 degrees, I suppose.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

This question would get better response if posted in alt.energy.homepower Photovoltaics are big thing there, so that group is your best bet. You can also search the group's messages to see if it has been covered already. We keep its archive and Web read/post interface here:

Good luck!

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com