PICs programmer

Hello, I need help to acquire a programmer of PICs that works perfectly. I have Warp-13 NewFound Electronic and another of the manufacturer Olimex, neither one assist my demand. I am wanting to program 16F628, 16F874 and

16877. I would like to know where I can buy a programmer to be reliable, because up to now I spent money without having a satisfactory result, only a mistake.

TIA

- Fernando Carvalho

Reply to
Fernando

I would suggest searching on Ebay for a used Data I/O Unisite,

2900, 3900, or 3980 programmer.

Although a potentially expensive solution (software updates run about $1,200 or so per year), any of those units will program all three of the chips you mention.

The first one (16F628) must be very new, as Data I/O's programming algorithm for it is in Beta. The other two have been fully supported by the Unifamily software since release 6.7 (we're currently at 7.7).

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Get the Microchip ICD-2. It's not that expensive and is rock solid. However, it won't program the 16F628, it is too old - It WILL program the 16F628A though, go figure. I got the ICD-D, and put the ICSP pins on the board to program chips after they are mounted. For those that I don't want to do this with (like the 8 pin ones) I use the Microchip "Universal Programming Module", which, for Microchip, is quite cheap.

DLC

: Hello, : I need help to acquire a programmer of PICs that works perfectly. : I have Warp-13 NewFound Electronic and another of the manufacturer Olimex, : neither one assist my demand. I am wanting to program 16F628, 16F874 and : 16877. : I would like to know where I can buy a programmer to be reliable, because up : to now I spent money without having a satisfactory result, only a mistake.

: TIA : - : Fernando Carvalho

* Dennis Clark         dlc@frii.com                www.techtoystoday.com   *
* "Programming and Customizing the OOPic Microcontroller" Mcgraw-Hill 2003 *
Dennis Clark

I think the Warp13a can do these? Perhaps you can mod the 13 to the 13a?

CWatters

Which Olimex programmer are you using? I use the MCP-USB version and have no troubles programming these PICs. I use MPLAB for the assembler-it recognizes the Olimex as a PIC Plus programmer and burns the PIC from within MPLAB.

Reply to
Charles Jean

ELNEC at

for a wonderful reasonable priced programmer.

up

Reply to
Dingus

Hi, This guy Fernando doesn't use any Olimex programmer, he is just shameless liar. I saw this post and I was very surprised that few days after the same Fernando send to us inquiry to purchase PIC-MCP-C which he quotes above as he have and can't use. On my question why he is posting negative messages for products he never had he replied as follows:

----- Original Message ----- From: Fernando ( snipped-for-privacy@centroin.com.br) To: Support OLIMEX Ltd. Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:36 PM Subject: Re: PIC MCP

I won't answer that message, because I am under the impression that you didn't understand my complaint, that happens when it is if working with people that it is not very intelligent.

I was wanting to buy a product PIC-MCP, however I won't buy after I received his message. I understand that you don't have any merchant profile and stops selling a product to criticize any message. Of this it sorts things out you won't go very far as merchant and from now on I will be a big one criticize negative of their products that are a shit.

I will buy a product much better than that dirt that you manufacture.

Fernando Carvalho ( Brazil translator of ic-prog )

Now go figure how to believe on everything peoples write in Usenet newsgroups ;)

Best regards Tsvetan

--
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb(http://www.olimex.com/pcb)
PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html)