snow

Any of you getting whacked by this?

I wish some fraction of that would come our way.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The real fun will begin January 1, 2015 when many coal-fired electric power plants are supposed to begin phasing out. The inability to provide home heating is likely to cause black/brown-outs... the penalty for voting Democrat >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Where's this global warming when we really need it? ;-)

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Life is like an analogy.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

------------------------------------------------------------------ Life is like an analogy.

Generalizations don't mean much.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Global warming is averaged over the entire planet.

Europe has been coping with the fact that the shrinkage of the Arctic icepack leaves the Barrants and Kara Seas (north of Finland) ice free more often, which makes for heavy snow falls in Norther Europe in early winter.

The paper was published just before we had a lot of snow in Nijmegen in early December, and more of the same snow fell in Normandy and southern England, screwing up road traffic no end.

One of the many triumphs of climate modelling which John Larkin has yet to take on board.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Why use terrorists to bring down the grid, when we can do it ourselves?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You can have it all.

Reply to
jurb6006

The heavy early winter snow phenomenon is much more local.

During the early winter, the Bay of Finland is relative warm, evaporating a lot of water, which usually rains over the sea as rain or snow if the air temperature is below zero.

With some winds, these clouds are blown over southern Finland, causing heavy rain or snow fall. A few years ago, there was 1 m of snow in December, extending from the coast inland for 30-50 km, while there was practically no snow in middle or north Finland.

As the Bay of Finland froze, stopping the evaporation and stopping heavy snow fall in the coastal region. During the rest of the winter, the rest of the country catched up by normal snow falls with the same amount of snow on the ground.

You have open waters all around UK and NL capable of evaporating a lot of water, which falls as snow if the air temperature is below zero.

As a rule 1 mm of rain would be about 1 cm of snow of the ground, thus, if it rains 20 mm in a few days, that would be equivalent to 20 cm of snow, causing all kinds of traffic problems.

Reply to
upsidedown

Not where you want it. that should be blindingly obvious.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

Sorry to disappoint you and the other braindead new world order types, but a 15-year "phaseout" is NOT an abrupt elimination of capacity. Any brown-/b lack-outs will be due to simple incompetence, mismanagement and corruption (Enron) that has become the American way.

Hey did you see the story about Obama in talks with Kenya to supply militar y assistance to the DC police department? No? Neither did I.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 17:57:35 UTC+11, snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wro te:

te:

epack leaves the Barrants and Kara Seas (north of Finland) ice free more of ten, which makes for heavy snow falls in Norther Europe in early winter.

It doesn't have to be. In December 2010 the heavy early snow was falling in Normandy (in norther France, and on the Channel coast in the UK). As far a s I can remember, the paper was about kinks in the jet stream, and the cons equences weren't all that local at all.

early December, and more of the same snow fell in Normandy and southern Eng land, screwing up road traffic no end.

The trick is getting the air temperature that low, that far south and that close to the Gulf Stream.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You've just elected enough Tea Party nitwits to make is unnecessary to import any foreign terrorists at all. Enjoy!

Now that Barack Obama has comspired with the Chinese to put a crimp in global warming, every last Tea Party denialist must be foaming at the mouth.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

lains/18841809/

What's the issue here? There would be no problem if people would just stay the hell home. The problem is pathetic mental midgets like you and your man against nature mentality. Maybe you can put on your cowboy costume and sho ot at some imaginary Indians with your popgun.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Affirmed:

We agree to damage our economy, starting now, and the Chinese agree to increase their economy, and maybe begin to damage it in 2030 or so.

Who needs terrorists to damage the economy, when we have Valerie Jarrett to do it for us?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Like you, Freddie?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Nov 2014 07:37:30 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

China is building one nuclear plant after the other. Won't be hard for them

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I think Freddie is in a "home" >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Or in his mom's basement and weighs 900+ pounds.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My hometown made national news.

I wish it all would go your way.

--
Mark - Card carrying member of Minnesotans for Global Warming.
Reply to

You're a half dead sloth with epstein-barr by comparison. Just stay home where you belong, all you do is get in the way of people who have things to do.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred