Small drill bits + vias

I need some good dril set(but cheap) so I can do some TH pcb's... also maybe some vias. Anyone know where I can find somewhere to purchase them?

Jon Slaughter

Various places have resharpened, retired from production use, carbide bits. One example (among many) at

Carbide is kind of brittle, though. I usually go with high speed steel, which are a bit more forgiving of hand-held drilling. (No pun intended there. Really!). MicroMark is my usual toy store, er ah, go-to place for things like that. Sets available

or individual sizes, down to 0.0135 inch.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

maybe

Enco has them.

Solid carbide PCB drills in sizes to #80 (0.0135) 1/8 shank. Also HHS steel, Black, TiN in sets #61 to #80 (cheap about $10), #1 to #60, A to Z, fractions drills and metric drills.

The carbide drills are expensive, HSS is the way to go for a few boards.

Reply to
Bob Eld

how about this:

haven't tried them but saw the link somewhere

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt