Crown D-75 Power Amp, Pot & Cap

Hello,

I have a Crown D-75 amp that is missing a cap on the on-off switch. Does anyone know where I can purchase one, or maybe something cheap I can squeeze on there?

Also, one of the volume pots are scratchy. I haven't tried cleaning it out yet, but in the event that I need a new pot, what kind of pot can I purchase and where's a good place to order from?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy Lee

I'd suggest contacting Crown. Those things are often quite specific to the manufacturer in question.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You have get in touch with Crown for replacement parts. You can order parts from them.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Mpffff... The cap is nothing special at all. About any 600+VDC 0.02uf or 0.01uf ceramic disc cap will do just fine.

The volume-controls _will_ be specific to that amp, but if you know the specifications, you should be able to find after-market replacements or upgrades. But I would strongly suggest you clean them before you replace them. Be sure to use a *lubricating* cleaner designed for volume controls - or, if you know how to be very, very sparing in your application (flame-suit full-on) WD-40 - after a non- lubricating cleaner such as mineral spirits or the like. Even Radio Shack tuner/cleaner is excellent in this application.

NOTE: ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE FLAMMABLE. Allow all volatiles to escape before applying power.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Thank you all for the info!