Instruction Set Simulator Book/Links

Hello All,

Can anyone please let me know some good books or links where i can find enoughinformation on Instruction Set Simulators.I want to know how simulator works internally.

Also, i have heard that LISA is used to build simulators. So, is there any documnet where i can find information related to this.

Regards, Sapan

Reply to
sapan.agarwal

The task can range from relatively simple to very complex.

To judge the level of complexity you need to define:

1) From what simulated processor to what output?

2) In what format is the input, machine or assembly language?

3) Are you reverse engineering existing code, looking for a tool to use for development or just trying to get an answer to a homework assignment?

Regards, Ken Asbury

Reply to
avoidingspam2001

And don't forget

4) Are you interested in hardware-like simulation? Or just software (code)?

and

5) Is this for early testing of a new product or is it intended to run lots of software (perhaps for an old processor no longer manufactured)?

--Charles

Reply to
Charles Marslett

Good points, but given the lack of comprehension of the nature of the problen exhibited by the OP, I'm guessing student... and not one that I'd be eager to hire.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Asbury

Afraid you are right -- no clarification is almost always a giveaway that the reply was not understood,....

--Charles

Reply to
Charles Marslett