Silly resistor values

It was not made available to IBM at the time it became a reality. The fact that it was held out killed it, regardless of whether they ended up getting it.

Got SATA drivers? PCI? AGP? PCI-X? USB? OpenGL? SDL?

Not likely. You still use it on a what? A P2? Oh, I'll bet that runs a modern win32 app *real* good.

Reply to
AwlSome Auger

Fat lot you know about it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Nice zero information response.

Just like BeOs, it is pretty much dead.

So what are you running it on, and which of the above services do you have at your disposal?

Pretty much that simple.

So show us how fat 'what lot you know' is, instead of this petty mumble mumble crap.

Reply to
AwlSome Auger

He's known as AlwaysWrong for good reason.

Reply to
krw

To get a full view of how _totally_ignorant_ "AwlSome Auger" (another NymNoNuts costume) is, just study his posts for awhile ;-)

...Jim Thompson

[...]

A lot of what I saw was turn-key. IBM installed the whole chebang, from the cooling air ducts all the way to the application SW. Including the CAD stations or MIPS burners as IBMers used to call them. IBM had a reputation of being a great integrator. "If you really need this to work cough up the money and have IBM do it". When my production folks told me that the die bonder would be done in cooperation with IBM my confidence level in the project went to 110%.

But still not much compared to IBM.

The only way to win bottom up is pre-loaded PCs and IBM Marketing should have known that. Otherwise you can only come in from the top and even there OS/2 didn't score. Too expensive, plus too many compatibility issues just like with Apple or Linux.

Ok, those are serious road blocks. But I am sure they didn't tell them "You must make OS/2 non-competitive with high prices and you must make sure not all peripherals are supported". They could have won me over, and loads of other business people.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

was

I know more about OS/2 than you ever did or ever will as well, jack-off.

Reply to
AwlSome Auger

was

Obviously not. He knows that you're always wrong, AlwaysWrong. That's more than you know about anything.

Reply to
krw

They didn't supply the people and they *DIDN'T* do outsourcing, as they have been doing since Gerstner.

But big compared to IBM's share of the PC business. GM was big too.

But that is precisely where IBM was enjoined from doing business the way M$, and even Apple did.

In fact they did. The accounting rules made OS/2 pay its own way. Once M$ got away with the "pay per manufactured box" licensing, OS/2 was all done. "Not all peripherals supported" was mostly an issue of companies not wanting to support OS/2. In many cases they took the money to make it happen and then supplied junk, or nothing.

Reply to
krw

was

AND the secret sauce for filtering out EVERY nym, with a trivially simple filter ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     Liberals are so cute.  Dumb as a box of rocks, but cute.

it.=20

they=20

agreement,

their

=20

=20

All this ranting and now i have to add DesqView-X to the fray. It included a nearly complete X implementation and a dos extender like unto Phar-Lap.

Reply to
JosephKK

agreement,

was

Not that i am saying that wikipedia represents a good source, but it does try to provide references. Just the same a little googling would prevent most of the trash claims in this thread.

Reply to
JosephKK

way

=20

as

Such arrogance to think that humanity's yet puny works can attract the attention of anybody beyond the earth-moon complex.

Reply to
JosephKK

best OS=20

consumer

TROC

saw

niche

in

=20

=20

=20

=20

That kind of pre-supposes that most, or even a reasonable portion ever sent in the registration cards. That apparently did not happen.

Reply to
JosephKK

"earth-moon complex"? With people like you around, making up retarded monikers like that, it is no wonder.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

[...]

Business users tend to register their SW. They have to, for support reasons alone. My clients do, my employers did, I do.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yeah, like I said. ;-)

Of course, I'm assuming that you know that I mean "freak" in the most complimentary[1] sense - it's just that so few people actually do it that way! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

[1]
Rich Grise

In the mid-1970's, the guys at the company used to go out to lunch at some restaurant where they had a "lingerie show"

- the gals would wander around amongst the tables in lingerie, and you could literally buy the garment right off the girl. By the end of lunch, they were all in nothing but underpants.

And cash, of course. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Support? Surely you jest!

Reply to
krw

What, you don't think those guys at eMachines are going to be able to help you troubleshoot a RAID 5 configuration problem? :-)

I've often been curious as to whether or not Microsoft's support for owners of the "full retail" packages of Windows is much better than what you get from Dell, Gateway, etc. (I haven't owned a full retail package since Win98 though.)

Reply to
Joel Koltner