Any practical DSP app notes for TI?

Hello All,

TI's web site is, for the most part, pretty good. However, I find their DSP section shallow and horrible. Lots of glitz and fluff, not nearly as much "meat" as on their MSP430 section. Worst is when the site starts some stupid applet that brings it to a crawl. IOW, quite useless to me.

What I am looking for: Info about what size (and cost...) DSP can do how much in terms of running an FFT and other stuff. Pretty much like an app note. What is the best source for that? Doesn't have to be TI although their 5000 series DSP seem to be favorable since they come in varieties under $4 a pop.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

There is *lots* of information, technical specs, application notes, etc., in their DSP village web site:

Here's a (free) DSP library for the C55x:

You'll have to navigate a bit around the site, but I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

HTH, George

Joerg wrote in news:tmw5f.4358 $ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
George Wicks

Hello George,

That's the one I had tried. The second it begins to load "ehg.ti-hitbox.com" the browsers (several) on several PCs slow to a crawl and after a while a warning comes up that an applet is slowing down the browser. The only way out so far was to right click the browser, shut it down and re-open it. Why can't they keep it simple like with the MSP section?

The only other site where that happens is Philips which is why I stopped designing in their parts. With them it seems that is because some corporate whiz kid thought that every engineer needs to see their stock quote all the time.

Thanks! That is going to be really helpful. AD has something like that as well but their DSP prices are too high for most of my projects. Wish they had kept ye olde 2105. That one was very cheap, even back in the early 90's.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Why not direct that comment to the Philips Webmaster ?

[ Seems to miss the stock quote :) ]

Then, they can fix the website, and you can use their parts again....

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hello Jim,

Been there, done that. I even wrote the top brass of some companies (including Philips). No answer. Oh well, at least I can say that I tried. Overall I've pretty much had it with many of the EU semi companies anyway. The last bout with one was a few weeks ago when it took more than a dozen wake up calls to get samples. Well, at some point after I climbed up the hierarchy apologies were made and samples were promised. They never came and one of my clients was a bit miffed.

Why is it that National, TI, etc. are so much more efficient? Not just in web site design, also in responsiveness to the customer. At least in my design practice it has paid off handsomely for them.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Today, I got the same annoying stall-on-Stock-price nonsense, so I also lobbed a scud their way, and started my 'will they fix it?' timer...

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hello Jim,

They won't fix it. Sometimes I wish I was the CEO of one of those EU companies for just one month. I bet it would take less than a month to teach them how to increase their sales, big time. All that upper mgmt in Sales&Marketing has to do is copy what TI, National, AD and others have always been doing. Those who wouldn't want to, I'd fire.

Then I'd want a commission of 1/10th of a penny for each extra Dollar in sales. After that I'd buy an island, a LearJet and some other necessities and retire.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg