that

the

down

MVS to

of

lot,

used the

I've

Actually, it might be. It's almost cheap enough. ;-)

Thanks!

Reply to
krw

[...]

Oh, I am sure I'd like the south. As long as the state gvt consist of an unshakeable conservative majority. If I ever move that would be a prerequisite. Last time I had not much of a choice.

node

That is indeed an ugly fix.

Sometimes the only way to handle that (as an employee) is to write the specs that you think apply and distribute this as a memo. With the comment "If I don't hear back by Friday next week it is assumed that these are the final specs". That usually gets everyone's attention, almost as if you'd just fired a shot into the ceiling :-)

The module spec is more than specs. It contains detailed descriptions of the circuitry, how each chunk works, calculations, why it was chosen over alternative architectures, and so on. For schematic of half a dozen pages it can easily become a 30-pager.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

need to

sure

than

node

I've generally operated in a counter fashion... refuse to sign off on any document I found suspect... tell the "boss" to sign it... watch (and enjoy) the panic in everyone's eyes.

That's the way I forced a fix to the NASA space shuttle's "redundant" power supplies after the Discovery disaster. I even managed to get a HexFET certified for use in space... the only workable fix without a year or so of redesign. ...Jim Thompson

used the

The AGW folks, 10 or 15 years ago, predicted that this part of California would get warmer and dryer. They always make the most fearsome and gloomy predictions for almost any region of the world. Since they did that, it seems to me that we've gotten cooler and wetter. Water managers are already dumping reservoirs in anticipation of a huge snowpack runoff.

We had a huge amount of cold rain in SF the last few days, and more is expected.

Take a look at the Kingvale and Exit 184 cams:

The 184 cam is a mile or so from our cabin. More snow to shovel! We'll probably be skiing into May. Sugar Bowl got 64 inches of new snow in the last 48 hours. The base at the top is 24... that's _feet_, not inches!

John

[...]

So far I have been lucky, at least for larger projects. Smaller stuff did require the occasional forensic analysis to figure things out.

Right now I am wrestling with PSpice, trying to figure out how to enter global and individual tolerance parameters. The help menu and docs are not too useful. They talk about things like "Advanced Analysis library list" which then is nowhere to be found. Frustrating.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

IBM

that

the

down

MVS to

of

lot,

used the

I've

Simple enough. I do similar things in Tina. I don't like it, though, because it's not all that clear what's going on.

I might take you up on that, if you're serious. I don't know when I'll have some time. I've been incredibly busy this year, after last year when we did nothing new.

Reply to
krw

E-mailed. Big. If you don't get it, let me know here and I'll piece-meal E-mail it to you. ...Jim Thompson

I don't know if anything is "unshakable" anymore. We just threw out the Democrats, after 160 years of their criminality. It's not inconceivable that they find their way back in without another Lincoln in the White House.

need to

sure

than

node

It's a current offset (~100uA), so the fix works. The other thing it does is screw up the null point (it's a hybrid circuit), but that really doesn't matter much in this case either. I'm still very uneasy, but I can't defend it, if pushed.

Or Zzzzz....

Sure. The specs for the last project I worked on at IBM was a five-volume set; about 12" of shelf space. ;-) ...and those didn't detail the design. We used to create design specs, where every register was described. Even IBM gave that up. Only the architected registers are documented. It takes time; something no one wants to give it.

Reply to
krw

IBM

that

the

down

MVS to

*boxes* of

absolute, lot,

used the

I've

Sure I'm serious. And it might save you time, if it's taking an hour to get an opamp into Tina.

ac415

551 1700

I'm not very good with the advanced stuff, because I don't simulate a lot, and rarely simulate whole systems. Once you get going, other people will help with that if you need it.

John

used the

was

it.

Which, of course, was complete baloney. 10 years ago 2 cords of wood was plenty. Now we are just about to run out of wood and we had a whopping

4-1/2 cords :-(

They switched wording, it's not global warming anymore but global change I was told. Wot a joke.

Thanks! Now I know where all those camera pics end up. I bookmarked it because that lets me see how bad traffic is going to be around here. Cool.

A few times we toyed with the idea of just filling in our pool. Seriously. We can barely use it anymore because summers are shorter every year.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks! The aaliblist is what I was missing. No resistors on there though, guess it's back to square #1 ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It's real rough around here, too...

I've thought of just re-doing ours as a spa ;-) ...Jim Thompson

That's why I sent the IntuSoft stuff... it's quite explanatory.

Though I think resistors are BASIC ;-) ...Jim Thompson

IBM

that

the

down

MVS to

*boxes* of

absolute, lot,

customer.

used the

I've

Oh, what a hoot! You're welcome.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Yeah, I just have to read through all that. Got a head cold right now which doesn't exactly help. All I need is a place where to enter tolerance. PSpice has a method for general tolerance entry (like "All resistors are 1%") but for device-level they point to the advanced libraries. Which don't contain any resistors or caps.

Need medicine for the head cold ... saw bottle of Lava Cap red wine in the kitchen ... good medicine ... must go to kitchen ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

used the

was

it.

We filled in our pool 5 years ago. Kids are grown up and it was costing too much each year to maintain it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

The only thing certain in life is death and taxes... and climate change, I guess. :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Yep, there is always change :-)

Except that now they want to squeeze even more taxes out of us and call them carbon offsets or whatever. A tax is a tax is a tax, and John and Jane Doe won't be fooled about that anymore.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

IBM

that

the

it

down

MVS to

*boxes* of

absolute, lot,

customer.

PSpice.

used the

I've

That would be a new part into the library. It's a mess.

I'll keep you in mind. I just found out that I'm even more booked for the next couple of months. After a year of doing little, I've got four new products on the fast track. A couple of them are just wrapping up (the other

90% of the time).

I don't tend to do whole systems, either.

Reply to
krw

lot

results. With

PSpice.

stick-shift car

drove :-)

do, so used the

the

manual

The

together. ...

in the

Winter was

weeks of it.

retirement,

I can see that i am going to have to give someone i know a blast over the

*.asx files.
Reply to
josephkk