Sample plans for a battery-operated LED?

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could point me to a website, etc. that could tell me how to design a simple battery operated light. I'd only planned on using 1 LED and a small battery. Seems like a simple first project (as you can tell from the vagueness of my question, i am a newbie) and I would have a practical use for it once it is done. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
mflatley

Thank you both for the info. That page seems like a good start to me.

Thanks for pointing out the other group too. This was the first group that came up when I googled. :)

Reply to
mflatley

--
You might want to try sci.electronics.basics for some kinder, gentler