Battery Operated Christmas Lights

I did decorations on our balcony (new at this apartment) only to find out the balcony light is not working, thus no electrical connection. I need to know how to hook up battery power to a string of mini christmas lights. Know very little about electrical terms...so I guess I need "how to make battery operated christmas lights for dummies".

Reply to
Liz

Extension cord ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

I got ready to put up some lights at the end of the property. Through the woods, and up the hill. 270 feet worth. Now I can hook up my tree and deer. I won't even be able to see it from the house! The deer that run past it should be a bit surprised of the new intruder in their path.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Here is a recent message-thread explaining why you probably can't do it:

Sorry.

- Tom Gootee

Reply to
tomg

"Liz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Inverter and 12v car battery. Or use a computer UPS supply,essentially the same thing.

Or you (or management) could fix the balcony light.It's probably something simple.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The "right" way to do this, of course, is get your apartment electrical wiring repaired before it burns the place down.

Or, you could shop for "battery powered xmas lights" and use what you can find - whoever sells them will tell you how to hook up the battery.

Good Luck! Rich Crossposted to s.e.basics, with followups to there.

Reply to
Rich Grise