Rust removal?

That's why I don't do crawl space --^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've been nailed once by a scorpion... don't want to do it again :-( ...Jim Thompson

                           LOSE the WUSS
                          BRING BACK BUSH

I've been bitten by something that then hissed and scurried away. Couldn't see what it was but there were two dots on my foot and it swelled up so that I almost couldn't get a shoe on. Having just arrived on this here shore I remained blissfully unaware of anything and went to work. Two weeks later the foot was ok again.

Then, I had my comeuppance WRT poison oak and this one required stiff antibiotics ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

the

I react BADLY to poison ivy. Another reason I live in AZ ;-) ...Jim Thompson

                           LOSE the WUSS
                          BRING BACK BUSH

that

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

ke

I'm spoiled, the only piping I do is for lab equipment and that is all stainless Swagelok, that just works everytime, but a fitting probably has two extra zeros on the price compared to the stuff used for a house.

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Probably. On things like shut-off valves that only come in compression fit it's often ... tighten ... still hissing ... tighten some more ... wait an hour ... one wee droplet formed ... say prayer, wipe sweat off forehead and tighten some more ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

that

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

ake

ad

it is usually flax fiber, and it is used for everything here done in black or galvanized pipe

Most drinking water and heating here is done in plastic(pex) now and is usually tube in tube, so if there is a leak it will come out the outer pipe where they are all connected at the entrance to the house. and I think it is possible to pull out the inner pipe and replace it.

hiding assemblies, such as fittings inside a wall is not legal here. soldered copper might be an exeption I'm not sure.

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Hard water is self-sealing ;-) ...Jim Thompson

                           LOSE the WUSS
                          BRING BACK BUSH

We don't have hard water but I did notice that (outside) connections I just didn't want to torque too much quit leaking after a few weeks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Naw, he will have been termed out 20 years previously by then.

Reply to
JosephKK

all

compression=20

...=20

off=20

You, like myself, do have hard water. It is just not so hard as to react with modern soaps nastily. Also ask spouse about cleaning the bathrooms.

Reply to
JosephKK

We have central softening plus RO at three sinks in the house. ...Jim Thompson

                           LOSE the WUSS
                          BRING BACK BUSH

Doesn't look like that to me, we are in the first data column:

According to this it falls under very soft:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

No filters here at all, except for the one in the 'fridge. The water is rather good, though not as good as Lake Champlain water. The apartment we had in Ohio had water hard enough to be considered chunky style.

Reply to
krw

all

two

compression=20

...=20

off=20

I=20

Looks like even with just a few miles separating us your water supply has very different character than in the valley base.

Reply to
JosephKK

Yeah, we sop op the good stuff before it ever gets to you guys down there :-)

Same with wine. The good stuff is made up here. Or as one bumper sticker puts it "El Dorado makes wine - Napa makes auto parts".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg
[snip]

Baloney! You don't live anywhere near Rutherford, do you? Rombauer is the best Chardonnay from anywhere. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Coming soon to the elementary school in your neighborhood...

I pledge allegiance to Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama and to the community organization for which he stands: one nation under ACORN, unchallengeable, with wealth redistribution and climate change for all.

Nah, this is the place:

Unfortunately their 2003 Black Label Syrah is now gone :-((

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My favorite red right now is Terrazas Malbec, from Argentina. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Coming soon to the elementary school in your neighborhood...

I pledge allegiance to Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama and to the community organization for which he stands: one nation under ACORN, unchallengeable, with wealth redistribution and climate change for all.

I'll be honest here, my favorite right now is a nice cold large mug of Hefeweizen beer from tap in our Japanese restaurant. Next week we'll be there again, can't wait. Have to limit the number of visits or I'll grow sideways ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I certainly would like a nice Hefeweizen when I'm warm... as I am now... installing partitions for cookie sheets, etc., in a kitchen cabinet ;-) ...Jim Thompson