Bumper removal

'74 whatsit ?? Maybe you have the wrong group ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Folks,

My friend just discovered that he accidentally damaged the front bumper on his '74 sometime during the winter. Looks like he might have run into it with his snow plow.

Does anyone out there have a copy of an article with instructions on how to remove the bumper?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Run into it again, but harder this time.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

You mean like a Ford shop manual? Chiltons? Clymers? Haynes?

A visit to a library might be in order if your friend is too damn cheap to buy a book.

Reply to
TCS

Imagine needing instructions to remove a bumper on an old vehicle - or even a new one. You just look for the bolts, disover that they're too rusted to wrench, and get out the cutting torch.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Tie a chain around the bumper... The the other end around a tree...

Reply to
TCS

LOL

I straightened out a lower control arm that way. Big oak tree and a tow chain. Got it straight enough that the tire wasn't rubbing the wheel well so I could get home and fix it properly.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Assuming he can't find the bolt heads and nuts, there's always thermite...

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

Wimp!

Just a week ago last Sunday, I saw them pound out a fender during a fourteen-second pit stop!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Naaah. Thermite welds - it adds material. He could rent a plasma cutter for probably about fifty bucks. Or do that trick that's been going around in a gag video - secure the bumper and back the car away.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Only when properly confined with a mold. Leave that off, and it dribbles all over the place.

Hmmm. Flying sparks vs. dripping steel at better than 5K F. Tough choice...

Hey, I saw the Mythbusters that busted that one. Got a link to this video (in real life, as opposed to a movie clip)?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

No problem. Cut through the bumper going towards the car, turn to the side, and then come back, cutting a U. Bumper gone, attachment to bumper gone too. Hit the shaft with a hammer and knock it backwards and see where it comes out.

Reply to
TCS

And say: "Hold my beer and watch this fellers!"

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Unless it's plastic, and the attachments are not visible...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

No, sorry.

Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Whoa! You have a dick?!? Or did you mean Dyke???

This reminds me of a TV commercial I saw yesterday. There was this little kid dressed in a cape, standing around flexing his muscles and grunting like he was some uber-strong super-hero. The caveat was, that he didn't stop - he just kept grunting and flexing, and I said to myself "Look son, your testosterone overload is going to create a load in your pants if you don't knock it off."

-- "Fate is not only for men to decide." MCJ 200405

Reply to
Mark Jones

Hey. Pussies can't think up solutions like that. They panic, whine, and call AAA. And I walked 25 miles in the cold to get that van out of jail because I walked home to call a tow and some bitch statey on her way home had it locked up whikle I was gone. My thighs were so friggin' tight they felt like rubberbands.

Would bending steel with my dick impress you?

--
Best Regards,
Mike

LOL, I said I want to dick a coupla few dykes. At least that's what I think I want.

^^^^ a warning or explaination?

overload

--
Best Regards,