Help to fing Acer X203H info

So I have a dead Acer X203H I like to repair but even after an hour Googling I found no technical info at all. Anyone has or knows some relevant doc or can point me to the right place(s)?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

ing

X203H appears to be a desktop, LCD computer monitor. Since the docs can't be found, What's wrong with it?

It appears to be a current model with a 3 year warranty, possibly it can be sent in for repair?

Reply to
emailaddress

X203H appears to be a desktop, LCD computer monitor. Since the docs can't be found, What's wrong with it?

It appears to be a current model with a 3 year warranty, possibly it can be sent in for repair?

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

| | X203H appears to be a desktop, LCD computer monitor. Since the docs | can't be found, What's wrong with it? | | It appears to be a current model with a 3 year warranty, possibly it | can be sent in for repair? |

It's that monitor. I should have told so, sorry.

It's out of warranty, so no free repair.

The thing is dead, as dead as can be. Seems to get no power at all although the external power supply seems to be ok. I'll have to open it, but that's a pain, so I like to have some more information before starting on that operation. Lately I had succes finding relevant data for a DELL type monitor. But no luck so far this time.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

snipped-for-privacy@l1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...

or

gh

s a

Monitor prices have dropped so much, I don't see the point in reviving it unless you happen to have numerous compatible parts already. You'll have to open it and probe around, if you are lucky they just used electrolytic aluminum capacitors and you will see one vented/ failed, or just a shorted transistor or similar. Otherwise, if the whole board needs replaced it doesn't seem worth the time and expense.

Reply to
emailaddress

| Monitor prices have dropped so much, I don't see the point in reviving | it unless you happen to have numerous compatible parts already. | You'll have to open it and probe around, if you are lucky they just | used electrolytic aluminum capacitors and you will see one vented/ | failed, or just a shorted transistor or similar. Otherwise, if the | whole board needs replaced it doesn't seem worth the time and expense. |

Yeah, found a new one (same type) offered for a ?150,-- including 3 years warranty. So I'll dump this one. Thanks for your comment.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter