RoHS => tin whiskers?

Did the building fall down?

Reply to
Richard Henry

No, the model was 2000kN = 200T of plane (on approach to land) at

300kph. deflection was 0.18m, 25% of allowable wind drift.

If we used a fully laden plane travelling at 600kph, that would bring it to 0.75m deflection, which is the max allowable wind drift for this particular structure. His conclusions: structural integrity maintained, but shitloads of damage.

looks like you need explosives to bring down a big building with an airplane :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

thats what my version says, I just listened to it :)

Reply to
Terry Given

Are you saying that the Twin Towers was destroyed by explosives, and not the plane (which had the explosives inside)?

Reply to
Robert Baer

at

I took it to mean that he was mocking the twin-towers conspiracy wackos.

Reply to
Richard Henry

some of those "wackos" are professors of civil engineering at prestigious british universities, who raise some uncomfortable questions:

- how come not once, in the history of tall buildings, has a building ever collapsed onto its own footprint, yet 3 did that day (there are 3-4 companies worldwide with the skills to make this happen; we've all seen the discovery channel)

- one of them wasnt even hit by a plane

- look closely at the footage (frame by frame). its interesting: - why does the antenna tower begin to collapse first? - what are the interesting, sequenced puffs seen spurting from the side of the building in descending order? - how come the concrete was so finely powdered?

- why werent the steel beams tested post-collapse? civil engineers are usually all over this sort of stuff, but instead the beams were taken away and melted down, pronto.

- has a country ever faked this sort of shit before to start a war?

- who has materially benefitted from the WOT? and to what extent?

Do I think a bunch of lunatic religious freaks flew planes into the WTC? of course. Do I think that alone resulted in the collapse? not convinced.

If you buy the 9/11 commissions report re. the actual structural failure mechanism, answer me this: why didnt the top portions fall off?

From a big-picture perspective, I dont really care, it aint my country. Besides, with all its jack-booting around the globe, it had to happen to the US eventually. In that regard it was quite impressive, and a very clever trick.

Luckily these religious nutcakes are way, way too stupid to be very effective. Hmm, thats not clear I am referring to the terrorists, is it.

I'm also quite glad my little country hasnt got anything the US government really wants.

Reply to
Terry Given

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:05:21 +1200, Terry Given Gave us:

You're an idiot. WHEN in history was several decades of floors dropped onto the floors below? That is what caused the collapse, dumbfucktard. Once several hundred tons of something get dropped, a chain reaction occurs on the subsequent floors. Get a clue.

You're a goddamned idiot.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:05:21 +1200, Terry Given Gave us:

You're an idiot.

Left overs to catch kooks like you.

You're retarded.

They were, dumbfuck.

They were, dumbfuck.

You're an idiot.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:05:21 +1200, Terry Given Gave us:

Like the top portion of you? The part that had any brains...

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

I suspect it is more about grandstanding, helping the sheeple think that the office holder really votes the party line.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

Anyone who still thinks they have any privacy never read a credit report or saw the medical record clearing house dump your insurance company gets. Computers have given clerks the ability to track virtually anything you do unless it is a face to face transaction, in cash and away from a surveillance camera, which could be 100 miles UP. There is a very good chance they are still tracking the cash if you are moving very much at one time. The $10,000 thing is just a guideline. The IRS/DEA (and I suppose "homeland" these days) looks at any large cash transaction to or from a financial institution. Certainly anything you transmit over the air or onto the internet is trivial to intercept, even by marginally qualified snoops.

Just get naked and enjoy the attention. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

JVC was among the first to hit the UK market with massive loss-leaders to destroy the home manufacturers, the build quality was excellent and the reliability legendary - now our domestic manufacturing base has all been driven out of business the nips can throw it together any which way they could be bothered!

Reply to
ian field

"tin plague" was mentioned a few times but I couldn't find the post it was explained in - please can someone elaborate?

Reply to
ian field