ROHS++

Agreed, despite the degenerate use of the word "invented".

Where did you get that from? At least as far back as the ancient Greeks, people recognized the salubrious effects (pain and fever relief) of willow bark tea.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Maybe I was thinking of quinine.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Does a shower head in the floor count? They have those in Thailand, but in Thailand, they wash after they use the toilet, rather than just wipe.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hello John,

Can you enlighten me? A bit puzzled here...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Graham,

Don't know, it depends on who manages a plant and how well quality control is implemented. I recently bought or let's say tried to buy a toilet from a mainstream mfg here. When I saw that it was now made in Mexico I cringed and sure enough the first one was horrible. It took them a whopping six (!) attempts to to deliver one that actually worked, wasn't shattered, wouldn't rock like a see-saw and where the ceramics weren't crudely patched up to hide a defect. I actually had to write out an email telling them exactly what to look for and how to do quality control. They lost much more money on shipping than the full retail price of the thing. Pathetic.

Oh, and because my faith in such products has gone to zero I flush-tested the one I finally installed in our driveway. A fox looked on and you could almost see its jaw drop. Those humans...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:48:19 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote: ...

And sheep were afraid.

Joop

Reply to
Joop

The better food stores around here carry the stuff. The "Mt Tam" is wonderful.

If you're ever in the neighborhood on a Saturday morning, I'll take you to the farmer's market at the Ferry Building for cheese and bread and maybe an oyster sandwich on the side. There's also a wine tasting bar, if you're into that. And chocolate!

John

Hello John,

Wow. These gals have taken quite a few risks. True entrepreneurs. I'll keep an eye out since some of the more upscale stores in Folsom or El Dorado Hills should carry their products.

Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it some day. S.F. is a great city. I like wine but I am more into the brewskys :-) S.F. offers quite a selection there as well.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I'd be kind of astonished to see you install a toilet in the driveway, too.

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A US Navy cruiser anchored in Mississippi for a week's shore leave. The first evening, the ship's Captain received the following note from the wife of a wealthy plantation owner:

"Dear Captain, Thursday will be my daughter Melinda's Debutante Ball. I would like you to send four well mannered, handsome, unmarried officers in their formal dress uniforms to attend the dance. They should arrive promptly at 8:00 PM prepared for an evening of polite Southern conversation. They should be excellent dancers, as they will be the escorts of four lovely refined young ladies. One last point: No Jews Please."

At precisely 8:00 PM on Thursday, Melinda's mother heard a polite rap at the door which she opened to find, in full dress uniform, four handsome, smiling black officers. Her mouth fell open, but pulling herself together, she stammered, "There must be some mistake."

"No, Madam," said the first officer. "Captain Goldberg never makes mistakes."

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hello Rich,

Well, of course I didn't install it there :-)

But it was quite the show. Especially since this is one of those really loud pressure-assist versions. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in neighbors houses when they heard that kind of noise come from the outside.

The little fox just sat down and looked at all the water gushing down.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

You have foxes that sit around and *watch* you ?

Where's this btw ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Coyotes have recently returned to Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. We have possum, skunks, raccoons, hawks, doves, ravens, and hummingbirds in our neighborhood. And a family of snakes live inside a retaining wall in our back yard.

The real danger, of course, is the vicious feral parrots...

John

Good one, Martin!

...Jim Thompson

Hello Graham,

Yep, they are a friendly bunch and they trust us (and we trust them). The first owner of the house told us they were here when it was built around 1970. Year after year the generations come back and have their kits here, even nursing them in the driveway. Probably because they remember that they will be left alone and have their peace and quiet here. We can stroll up the driveway and a fox stroll down on the other side of it, briefly looking and then continuing its way. Sometimes they snooze on the rock across the entry door for hours. That rock, BTW, is a time share. Often a cat naps there in the morning, at noon a couple of turkey vultures spread their wings in the sun to dry off after a bath, and in the evening it's fox time.

Sometimes the kits devise some mischief but that's ok. On Saturday they managed to topple the end of a stack of wood. I don't know how but one of them ran away and luckily none of them got hurt. Other times when they are bored they stick their heads around a corner and make faces or noises at our dogs (which, of course, explode when that happens). They are cute animals but they have a rather ugly raspy bark.

Cameron Park, California. About 35 miles east of Sacramento on Highway

50 towards Lake Tahoe.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Did you have it up on blocks? A picture of that would have been a sure thing to be shown on "Blue Collar TV" ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wasn't it the sheep who voted that Bill Sloman had to leave Austraillia?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Bwahahahahaha!

...Jim Thompson

I knew that. I was joking on your "the one I finally installed in our driveway." ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hello Rich,

Yeah, the second after I hit "send" I just knew someone would pick on that :-)