ROHS++

So, will they ban arsenic, beryllium, manganese, nickel, mercury, fluorine, gallium... all the good stuff on the periodic table?

John

Are the Europeons *really* this ignorant?

Why don't we retaliate and ban all goods made by Europeons.

Name something made by Europeons that I can't exist without ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Got a substitute for Bordeaux?

Reply to
JeffM

Absolutely! Most California wines are far superior to French ones. And quite a few Australian wines as well.

There are also good wines from Chile and Italy.

And I had a really good bottle of Noussa Boutra yesterday at a Greek restaurant.

There's no need to support France in any fashion anymore ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Sloman's head on a pike?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There's no substitue for French cheeses !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

That I'd like to see ;-)

...Jim Thompson

On your side of the pond.

For example the best Bleu Cheese comes from Iowa (Maytag).

...Jim Thompson

L 16______C 1_____I______511k____*c:\\windows\\desktop\\zz_____________

You must be getting quite a charge watching them put their glut into distilleries and turning it into fuel.

BTW, did you see any of Sloman's posts in "Thermal Problem"? Having a filter that can tell political content from science would have been a good thing on that one.

JeffM

Yep!! The best french cheeses are made in the Netherlands ;) :) (and maybe Denmark)

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

True!

...Jim Thompson

Because if they do this, we won't have to ban anything, because they won't be able to make anything.

Toblerone?

John

I saw that quoted by others. Trouble is that I am limited by the fact that I have living objects in there.

As for curve fitting I simply use "WinCurveFit".

...Jim Thompson

These are some women who used to run Bette's Ocean View Diner in Berkeley. They got bored, sold out, and went to France to learn how to make cheese. Then they moved to Point Reyes, up the coast from San Francisco, and made a deal with a local organic dairy farmer to buy his milk. Their "Mt Tam" is like a brie, but much fresher... we are entirely addicted to it. Luckily, we know the right people...

Some of the American white Cheddars are magnificent, too. Hey, we have cows.

John

It's basically the vin de table that's ending up that way. The demand for cheap plonk has decreased.

Of course the French don't help their exports by reserving the best for themselves.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"My Mom's Toffee Factory", right here in Phoenix... fabulous!

...Jim Thompson

I keep a screwdriver in the drawer, right next to the computer, to make it easy to break off those silly triangular sections.

John

Absolutely any type of chocolate. What passes for choc in the US would grace the pan of my toilet upon consumption.

It's a thought that has crossed my mind several times; what do we need Septics for? What goods originate in the US? Nothing! All electrical stuff is from the east, not the west. Autos are built in Europe, oil is from the east. Software is designed in the west, but we can get it from the east (cheaper :).

Wine? Stuff the US and Euro plonk, SAfrica, Aus, SAmerica=far better.

I like this topic. Talk about stirring up racial hatred (which is a crime in the UK, and compulsory in the US). So much nonsense to spew, so little time.

Reply to
Grumps

Oh I liked that one ;-)

Reply to