Idiot Product??

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to buy another TV set. A decent one costs around $200

TOKYO - Will the digital age bring an end to squabbles over which TV channel to watch? Sharp Corp. is coming out with a new product that may help. The Japanese electronics firm has developed a liquid-crystal display that shows totally different images to people viewing the screen from the left and the right.

The "two-way viewing-angle LCD," announced by the Japanese consumer electronics maker Thursday, can send light from the backlight separately to the right and left.

And so one person can be surfing the Internet, using the display as a PC screen, while another watches a downloaded movie or TV broadcast. It also works for watching two TV channels: one person can watch baseball while another watches a soap opera.

(more)

Reply to
PaPaPeng

You'd understand if you saw the average size apartment in Tokyo! d:->))

Reply to
CRaSH
[snip]

As I understand it, no one likes to wear head/ear phones while watching TV, so the sound effects maybe terrifying... :-)

Reply to
Do Little2

And... What about hanling for the audio? What if you want privacy when doing your own thing. My preference would be for separates.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

Yes I think there's probably virtually zero consumer market for that product, even given space contraints, it would make more sense to have smaller personal displays.

Reply to
James Sweet

Typical of MSN "news" they missed the primary point of this LCD panel, whichis to provide a 3D viewing capability without the need for those special glasses. As a side effect it can shown two different images to viewers separated by more than six degrees.

Travis Jordan