ROHS++

"Jim Thompson" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Urquell Beer!

... Combined with a selection of accessories from Glock, Hekler & Koch, SIG-Sauer and Rheinmetall AG (for the heavier stuff) - you being in Arizona and all ;-)

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Un bel giorno Jim Thompson digitò:

Bidets? Oops, my mistake, you definitely can live without them.

You don't imagine how hilarious is to read the Wikipedia article about them

"Users who are unfamiliar with bidets often confuse a bidet with a urinal, toilet, or even a drinking fountain. The user should use the toilet before using the bidet; its purpose is to wash afterwards".

ROFL.

--
asd
Reply to

Yeah, stinks up the fridge.

I use a potato peeler. Regiano.

John

Why would anybody want a "wine palate"? So you can be a snob at great expense?

Hmmm, yes, I suppose so.

John

Gosh, did you grow up on The Farm? I just went down to visit Varian, on Hansen Way, just off Page Mill and El Camino. That's all Stanford land; Varian and the old HP building are on 99 year leases, I think. When Stanford built their 2-mile long linac, they did it on all their own land... the 280 freeway passes over it. I can't imagine what that much Peninsula real estate might be worth.

John

Hello John,

Best cheese on the planet, as far as I am concerned.

It blesses it with a fragrant scent :-)

WRT to stink, next time you are in Germany take a whiff off a "Harzer Kaese". That smells like all the gym bags of the 49ers were tossed into a small room after the game.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Tried Stella Artois? Belgian. Pretty good. We can get it on draft here, even better.

John

Hello Jim,

Italians make very good cheeses as well. If you like a hard cheese try "Pecorino Romano" from Costco. A bit on the pricey side but worth it. Probably not recommened for people who must watch their sodium levels though.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello John,

That's the stuff. Best is the old Budvar.

For 6 years I lived above a pub that served it in The Netherlands. I switched to Grolsch right away.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I went to grad school there, back in *mumble* 1983-87. Ginzton Lab. I almost went to work for HP Labs on Page Mill Rd, but they couldn't get their hiring freeze lifted fast enough, and I took IBM instead. Turned out to be a very good thing--I would have been working on magneto-optical storage. ;(

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Who watches their sodium levels? I just have watch my heart rate, so I take Atenolol.

...Jim Thompson

I wouldn't say I *watch* it per se but I don't use much salt in cooking ( often none ) and don't add much salt to food on the plate either. A 500g container of salt lasts me about a year or so.

Food tastes so much more interesting without salt as a rule too.

Of course you're slightly in the dark with prepared / processed foods.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Same here, actually. I buy hardly any prepared foods.

...Jim Thompson

Ah, the good old days. http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:WuhaHJeRy2oJ:

*-60-of-500-colonists-survived+the-starving-time http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:HusrgdavUGEJ:
*-swampy-peninsula+ingested-its-brackish-waters

Reply to
JeffM

Two McTavish brothers (Scots)... moved inland to what is now Culpeper, VA; then moved on to Pendleton County, WV, due to harassment by the Brits and changed their name to Thompson.

...Jim Thompson

Asiago is one of our faves. I think all the hard cheeses are expensive, since it takes more milk to make them. They have weird cheeses like the soft one that has butter inside (I forget the name).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The worst week my family ever spent together was a summer day trying to get thru Culpeper, VA

--looking for historic things to visit with the highways torn all to hell (pre-Interstate Highway System).

Reply to
JeffM

Woman on first trip to Europe, seeing a bidet: "Oh, is that for washing babies in?" Concierge: "No, madam, that is for washing babies out."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, but drunk

hmmm see here

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

No. So you can buy good stuff without geting ripped off by people who want to sell you moerately good stuff at great stuff prices.

The produce from the most famous vineyards is now so expensive that the only people who drink it are those who want demonstrate that they have a lot of money, so those wines aren't being drunk by people who appreciate them as wines, but there are still a lot of very good wines around at perfectly reasonable prices.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to