HP8554 mixer.

Hello. I hope you'll be able to understand my english.

I'd like to know what kind of diode to use to replace the two diode included in the first mixer from an HP8554.

I have found this spectrum analyser plug-in and i have no local oscillator trace on the zero frequency of the 141T display. The first LO (YIG) is ok.

So, i think that the first mixer can be burned and two diode are included in it. If i could find an equivalence reference.

If you know more things about 8554 than me.............................. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
F4UIU

Bonjour Guillaume, I have replaced the two diodes in mine with a single double hp microwave mixer diode, if you follow me, the HSMS 2822. Because this is much smaller than the original, and the diodes with the leads forms part of the coupling circuit you will have to make wire leads that imitate the shape and position of the originals. This is easier to do than to describe! The wire leads to the SM component should be in the same position as the original diodes and leads. Total cost abput 50 cents(US) and time about 10 minutes. Performance as good or better than the original.

Just don't hit the mixer with more than about +10 dBm....

73 Dan ac6ao g3ncr

F4UIU wrote:

Reply to
Dan Rae