Schottky diodes for RF application

Could someone here shed some light on this ? I am experimenting with envelope detection at RF frequencies with SPICE. The mixer is a simple SPICE B signal source as B0 3 4 V(1)*V(2) where

1, 2 are the nodes at which the two signal sources are attached. THe mixer output is fed into a Schottky diode(1N5818, BAR42 etc.,) and a shunt capacitor is attached to the Schottky diode cathode. However, the diode input signal looks identical to the output - no envelope is detected. So, could someone suggest some Schottky diodes that might work at 100 MHz - 500 MHz range, and where could I get their SPICE device models. Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply to
amal banerjee

Do you have an inductor to ground on the door input? And capacitor resistor on output?

Reply to
bulegoge

It's not likely that a different diode will help. You can't just throw something together and expect it to work.

For starters, tell us the frequencies and the amplitudes of your sources.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

What's your frequency? Power schottkies have huge capacitances, basically a short at RF.

We use tiny low-barrier RF schottkies, like SMS7621 or BAT15 for fast RF detection and switching.

We did a signal detector recently for our I/Q modulator project. We thought it would be cool to light up LEDs when the customer applied a carrier.

I have Spice sims for that somewhere. Oh, here it is:

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin