Resettable fuse

Hi,

I am ging to use 250mA PTC fuse, which is resettable one.

While testing when 500ma current passes thru it. It trips after about 4 sec. and its body temp. rises.

Does anybody knows that if i kept it as it is ( Ifuse = 500mA) , What happens next? Does any kind of arcing occures OR only temp rise detected?

For what time it should be kept in tripped condition?

Regards, Sonali

Reply to
Sonali

I\'m sure all that information can be found on the data sheet.
Reply to
John Fields

what you are missing is that the PTC "fuses" at 500 mA, but then it gets hot and the resistnace rises, which reduces the current to protect the circuit.....

once the resistance has risen, it then takes less current to keep it hot, so it will stay in the hot tripped state until the circuit fault is corrected, then it will cool and return to the normal state.

Mark

Reply to
Mark