Replacement fixture

We have a Million dollar machine at work that just happens to have a bad intermediate fixture that was retrofitted at the last minute of the machines creation! It sits in a tight spot and not many other options to replace it with something different..

I have looked high and low and can not find a replacement fixture because this one has a broken switch on it, which isn't really a problem. I just need a fixture like this to fit in the location.

This fixture uses what appears to be a appliance lamp with a intermediate (E17) screw base. The fixture looks like a miniature version of a incandescent drop light.. Which is all plastic with a inserted reflected sitting against the dark brown plastic back shield.

It has as rotary switch on it that protrudes through the top of the unit that it's installed in, so the operator can control it.. Sp this fixture is aiming downward into the work space.

Because of space constraints, I am looking for a replacement of this type that can handle a intermediate screw in base lamp that is a tube type bulb. You find the bulbs all over the place for appliance replacements, especially for microwaves.. The fixture I think is no more than maybe a 1.25 thick and is ~ 3 inches or more, long.

After a long look around, I am thinking that maybe a gooseneck lamp may have been sacrificed because this thing has a small zip cord tied to it that is factory connected and protected at the base and a rotary switch that protrudes through the top of the decorated cover?

The bulb is a intermediate screw type (Class C) with a (T8/T7) E17 (short tube envelope)

Any one got some idea's where I can find a miniature looking drop light fixture like this? Can be all plastic with a cheap reflector in it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

is

ht

Would something like this even remotely qualify? Link:

I thought I had seen a special-application LED type white light fixture for photography... This isn't it, but maybe it will lead you to a successful solution.

Good luck.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Nope, but thanks for looking..

This light I need looks like your standard conventional drop cord light with the back shield but no receptacle. And it's only about 1.25 wide and maybe 3..4 inches long at the most. It even has a little rotary switch on the neck of it with a fixed zip cord.. This think uses the E17 socket (Intermediate class C)

After long looking, I think this light was scabbed from a gooseneck lamp.

JAmie

Reply to
Jamie