Unusual light fixture, watt limiting and maybe an outlet

I found a pole lamp in a thrift store that was intriguing.

It had three lampholder fixtures on the pole, of unusually robust construction, and the cord was thicker and better made than most. There was no brand name I could find.

Each lamp holder had the designated type of bulb specified, which I've forgotten, but they seemed to be E12s in a globe format, and a warning never to use anything but LED below 9 watts. So, basically 60 Watt equivalent.

But normally a fixture that is limited to say a 60 W incandescent can be run at a much larger equivalent wattage if an LED is used. Who builds a lamp for LED use only, and uses what seem to be quality materials, only to limit power to dim bulbs?

Also, inside each lampholder, integral with the socket, there appeared to be a US 120V style outlet. It looked like if you took the bulb out you could plug something in next to the socket.

I didn't buy it; they wanted $40 which is outrageous in a thrift store, but then I got to thinking and went back to look closer. It had sold.

Any idea what this was?

Apologies for not posting to sci.engr.lighting, but that once useful group has died.

Reply to
Tim R