new Google algorithm

Wow, if I now google LM7301 the first three hits are National Semiconductor! What an improvement!

John

Hopefully they commit the changes worldwide. I'm getting fed up with bogus sites when I search for a service manual.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I always had trouble with googles rankings. This is an improvement, it has moved our companies web site from the 3rd page to the first page. Prior they would rank your page by the number of external links that pointed to it.

Martin Riddle

I'd like to see google add input from users allowing us to rate the quality/usefulness of each result. Something like adding the following line to the bottom of each result: Rate this result: excellent, good, poor, garbage. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Let's hope it works better.

I hate doing a search and going to a page and finding that a search term isn't on the page. I then check the cached version and see that the search term is only on a link to the page which is crap.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Funny you mention this. Searching for parts / data sheets has been my only complaint about google. That is great if you get the manufacturer now instead of data sheet farms!

Reply to
brent

The next thing we'll know SEO companies hire Chinese to click their clients up in the ranking.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

Appending "-sex -banana" usually cuts out 2/3rds of the hits on any given search.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

...because the $5/day labor available to those who spam Usenet is unique and not available to those who would abuse your notion.

The only way this kind of notion ever works is if there was a karma system as is used with Slashdot/Slashcode.

JeffM

Try <

Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature