Remember The Apollo Program

Human resources are great at picking the least controversial word. Less goo d at picking useful employees.

That's getting fired. Getting made redundant is something different. My sup ervisor went in the same batch along with a bunch of perfectly competent ju nior engineers.

The company had shrunk from 800 employees when I'd joined it nine years ear lier to 400 at that point. What left of it has about 100 employees. Managem ent wasn't great at getting value from it employees - we had some wonderful products and they made a hash of utilising them too.

How would you know? You don't see much of it, and you clearly can't underst and what you do see.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You got it wrong again, dipshit. "Human resources"... NOT the department down the hall, The actual item, idiot. One person is a human resource. One person gets utilized, NOT exploited.

Damn, you are an illiterate f*ck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Bill Sloman wrote in news:4e2a2956-e6f0-4ab2- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

No, idiot. YOU *saw* the words "human resources" and thought I was referring to the department of a company when I was actually referring to the individual, a 'human resource'. Your response obviously showed you got it wrong.

Nobody ever mentioned a "human resources department", except for you.

YOU READ IT WRONG, BOY.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

"Human resources" is one of those management buzz-words. It only gets used by management clowns, and people too silly to notice that the management clowns shouldn't be taken seriously.

Sadly, that's the only context in which the phrase is actually meaningful.

Nobody in their right mind talks about employing people's particular skills as "marshalling human resources" - it's a pretentious clowns phase - and the loons that do are merely advertising their air-headedness.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are an abject idiot.

I SAID that human resources are utilized, not exploited.

Anyone with even the tiniest modicum of reading comprehension would know I refer to the person, not the department of a firm.

You are the air head, dip shit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You use that phrase a lot. It seems to mean that you disagree and want to be rude about it. Krw doesn't think much of a lot of your output, and uses the same kind of silly put-down. You could do better - you really aren't as dim as krw.

You did. That makes you an air-headed twit.

Sadly for your implicit claim to be able to manage reading comprehension youirself, that wasn't the point.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to