Relay contact ratings.

power,

part

Ah no, I wasn't following it all - you know a PICAXE can also send RS232 to a laptop .. (duck and run)

Reply to
David Eather

I like to be precise so that if my limits are too stringent, then it's
easy to downgrade them to what's needed.
Reply to
John Fields

t of a

king

ecs, I

ve power,

/1279550/

2500VA

. What

r (12V),

than $5

vest in

BASIC.

them

r TTL

cost

he

ocal

582/

in

5....
.

So can PIC32, or even WiFi via USB. In fact, we might end up tying all these appliances to a PC. The most efficient defrosting is to pipe hot air or water from natural gas burners. So, we need to control many home appliances altogether. However, installation is more complicated.

Reply to
linnix

I beg your pardon. I did not set out to offend or 'persecute' you.

There are other possibilities. FWIW, I do not _try_ to be obtuse. _If_ and when I am obtuse, it is real effortless.

Reply to
mrstarbom

Number of children produced.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

No.

Reply to
mrstarbom

arm; cool it

With ice buildup on the heat exchanger, it will be wasting energy to run the compressor. Some most fridge have a timer based defroster to halt the compressor and heat up the pipes to defrost it.

Surprisingly, no. The OP of this thread has a timer based control, and so does my five years old fridge (broken and stored for two years).

read_temp(1);

stack

Yes, that's why we need a big data stack, as much as 32K bytes. The time constants are relatively long; so a few K should be enough.

lta is decreased, time to defrost

The following function, deciding whether to defrost or not.

Yes, will be there when we are ready to post the result. We are still working on tests and evaluations.

We are still debating whether we should do it with a low end PIC, or high end PIC32 just in case we need it.

Reply to
linnix

--- You're doing nothing of the sort; you're trolling and posting nonsense.

A hot water heater being used to supply hot water to defrost a fridge every time a toilet is flushed?

Might work if you were so full of shit that when the defrost alarm went off you took a dump and knew just how much shit to let go along with the quantity of hot water required to defrost the fridge, but you'd also have to know the heat capacity and thermal conductivity of your poop and, ergo, how many turds to release, over time, in order to accomplish your goal.

I suggest that you're so full of shit that you know neither.

---

--- Clue:

Generally, the strategy dictates developing the software on a platform where you won't run out of room and, when you're done, scaling down to what you need.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

I always hear that, when people running out of reasoning to argue.

That part is just a joke. I guess you can't take a joke.

Yes, that why we should start with PIC32 and not PIC12 based PICAXE. So, you agree that PICAXE is useless here, right? Why bother with low end chip and end up with problems later on.

Reply to
linnix

Thing is, the compressor isn't going to say to itself "Oh, the incoming gas is closer to ambient temperature, so reducing it by x degrees requires less work.... I can relax for a bit then."

The compressor will run at its design power, and will generate a certain amount of heat within itself, both as a result of the compressed gas being warmer, and as a result of various inherent inefficiences. This will raise its temperature. But if the incoming gas is warm, then that will contribute to an even higher temperature in the compressor. There is presumably a limit to how hot the compressor can run without damage, and hence the question of whether it is safe to run it when the element is warm.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

--
Well, when reason fails and all you post is nonsense, like 14 LEDs,
PCBs with connections that go nowhere, and a slew of pushbuttons for

But when the input to the compressor is at a higher pressure then there is more gas atoms going into the compressor so the compressor has to work harder as it is compressing more gas. Consider the case where the input to the compressor is zero. In that case the compressor is not doing any work.

=20 Dan

t.net ---

Reply to
dcaster

Something of an urban myth, I suspect. Certainly there's nothing in my home insurance policy along those lines.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Never do work on electrical installations or appliances yourself, always use a licensed electrician. Unlicensed work is illegal and extremely dangerous.

Licensed electrical contractors have the equipment and knowledge to safely do electrical work. When using a tradesperson for any electrical work you should ensure:

they hold an appropriate South Australian license they issue you an electrical certificate of compliance.

This applies to all electrical work on your property regardless of whether it is your home, rental property, commercial premises, caravan or boat.

Insurance companies may not cover fire or public liability claims caused by do-it-yourself or unlicensed installations.

It's illegal anywhere in Australia - not that it's stopping anyone...

Reply to
mrstarbom

use a licensed electrician. Unlicensed work is illegal and extremely danger= ous.

Not if you follow proper electrical codes and with construction permits. It is legal to install your own appliances in your own home. I just replaced my bath room fan with a $200 Panasonic fan, venting 80 CFM and drawing less than 5W (so they claim). If it catches on fire, i 'll sue Panasonic.

y do electrical work.

Do i have to pay for the plane ticket from Austria to California?

That means nothing to me. I just need the local city permit.

Reply to
linnix

licensed electrician. Unlicensed work is illegal and extremely dangerous.

I always do my own wiring, and I usually do it hot.

I'm an engineer, and I understand this stuff, which few electricians do.

electrical work.

is your home, rental property, commercial premises, caravan or boat.

Do you have them change the batteries in your flashlight, too?

John

licensed electrician. Unlicensed work is illegal and extremely dangerous.

electrical work.

is your home, rental property, commercial premises, caravan or boat.

Just more hype for the overly paid, lazy, sloppy work and don't follow code 50% of the time licensed electricians. They think that license is the ticket to insure their income and screw every one else that actually does a better job at it.

Those that come in here preaching like that are generally affiliated with the licensed trades and is just trying to drum up more business because they know the score and so don't everyone else that has a brain on their shoulders.

The majority of unlicensed people I've seen performing those jobs tend to do a much better job at it, because they go by the book and do nice looking work.

We know. In the last 2 years, we have fired 3 electrical contractors in our facility. THe last one made a comment when being confronted about doing shabby work, about our electricians in house not being licensed. That was the magic statement that got that contractor fired.

We have a contractor plumber that is starting to use that approach, I think his days are also numbered.

We only hire in these guys for things that our boys are to busy to get to or too big of job. However, because these guys are not employees of our facility, we must bring in licensed people, no matter the trade.

It's fun sorted out the licensed welfare contractors.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

licensed electrician.

Whether work is dangerous is not a function of whether it's done by a licensed electrician, it's a function of whether it's done competently. I've seen highly questionable work done by licensed tradesmen.

electrical work.

Maybe. Doesn't mean they actually do it safely.

Even when not in South Australia?

is your home, > rental property, commercial premises, caravan or boat.

Laws vary. In NSW I can lawfully work on gear as long as it's not permanently wired up. Other Australian states take a more nannyish view. In QLD, for example, you can't even attach a plug to a power lead.

do-it-yourself or > unlicensed installations.

Show me a policy that contains such an exclusion. People buy insurance to cover risks. If a policy contained exclusions such that my inadvertent breach of some law could render the policy void, then I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole because it wouldn't be doing the job I was buying it for.

The web page of a company that's selling electrical installation services is hardly likely to be the most authoritative when it comes to telling people whether they can do something themselves.

Unlicensed work on fixed installations is unlawful over most of Australia (even then, there are some exclusions). The situation for other work varies.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

licensed electrician. Unlicensed work is illegal and extremely dangerous.

false Hype.

electrical work. Bull shit, I've seen real shitty equipment being used by overly paid licensed electricians. You would be surprised at how many licensed electricians out there that really do not understand the majority of what they do. They are like number painters, remove the numbers and they're screwed!

This only works to push out those that actually do better work.. My how your GOV officials are so easily fooled!

is your home, rental property, commercial premises, caravan or boat.

we are allowed to do our own work on our properties.

do-it-yourself or unlicensed installations.

Insurance companies don't care either way, because the first thing they do is reject a claim and make you wait hoping that you, the home owner will foot the bill while winter time is coming, to get your home repaired. Insurance companies have many lawyers on their side to deny clams no matter what if they don't feel like paying for it, also, most electrical fires are from defective consumer products plugged in and the insurance company also knows this. So go such an egg.

Ok mister welfare licensed what ever you are, we know your story..

Jamie

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

"

Reply to
Jamie

Just agreeing with Jim Thompson:

technician... otherwise no insurance coverage at all.

I wouldn't call it an urban myth. It's on your state government websites.

Reply to
mrstarbom