Icemaker in Kenmore fridge...

Doesn't work. *Looks* like the water inlet valve, which delivers water to the icemaker system, is frozen. Has 25VAC applied to it, and the solonoid has continuity, but there is no water flow to the icemaker. Should it be possible to repair this part? Kenmore fridge model 106.74932400 part#

2315576. I honestly doesn't look like it comes apart, but there is always hope. :) Otherwise I'll call the home warranty co. and let them deal with it. Won't cost much more than the actual part...

Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Just realized, I wasn't clear. The valve is outside the freezer, and appears to be *stuck*. Sorry...

Reply to
Dave

don't feel so bad, I have a 3k Professional Stainless steel fridge and the water filler now only comes on when it feels like. It must be the switch because I have to keep pushing the glass on the lever before the light comes and the valve opens to fill.

It otherwise works ok to keep the ice maker full. I will look at it one of these days or just buy another fridge.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie