OT: AM Radio

I need a stable-tuned AM radio to locate remotely, needs good selectivity (digital tuning?), needs an AC adapter, and an earphone jack so I can pipe the audio ~120'. Suggestions/recommendations? ...Jim Thompson

120' is quite a way! Any chance of tuning your station from a browser? I'm thinking that a public address amp would work it okay.

Jon

120' ?

I like the Grundig's by Eton. They are digitally tuned. I believe Ratshack carries them. They are not very expensive, and probably cheap compared to all that ipod crap.

Will It be subjected to extreme temps?

Martin Riddle

Just normal Arizona stuff... 120°F ;-) ...Jim Thompson

You might want to look at the

series of radios. Not the cheapest, but they are fairly rock-solid and decent specifications.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

One data point: My CC-Radio lost its LCD display after about a year. Without it, it's a $200 paper weight.

Reply to
krw

Hmm, most AM radios seem to lacking any specs on temperature. I have a Grundig, SW emergency radio. The one with the dynamo. I'll throw it in the oven at 120f and see if it still tunes to the correct station. (but its not a digital tuner) looks like this one

Martin Riddle

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Have you tried asking around at SBE? Chapter 9's in Phoenix.

mpm

rote:

=A0Without

I like AM car radios with digital tuning and preset buttons. I've found a few AM types in garage sales for a dollar or so. Just add a 12 volt supply, window antenna, and speaker. Probably works as well as CC- Radio types.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden