Re: the mystery of money

Venom? Noooo.... It's all true.

God acts suspiciously like a psychopathic human as per stories in the bible. God is not human due to possessing ultimate power and is therefore alien. God can't be seen. God has set up a system that rewards(heaven) good souls .. Awwww that's so nice yet so full of poop.

That's just intestinal gas..

Gamblers 'feel' they will win.. Then don't win.. The feeling is self generated..

The feeling of God inside is self generated. It's an illusion.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

It is pronounced Delusion.

don

Maybe my vocabulary is off... If I have this right..

If you suddenly feel God's existence for no reason, it's a hallucination.

If you think God and then feel God's existence, then it's an illusion.

If you think Leprechauns and feel the Leprechauns existing, then it's a delusion. Same goes for feeling God's existence.

If anyone sees, hears or feels leprechauns they should be checked for schizophrenia, paraphrenia or other psychotic disorders.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

if it was gold dust, possibly.

Gold coinage and bullion has been counterfeited in the past.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

How about "gold-pressed latinum"? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

No, it's Kundalini.

That's just fantasy. Notice you put "feel" in quotes. Ask most people how they feel and they'll start, "Well, I feel that..." and proceed to tell you what they think, or fantasize.

Maybe intestinal gas is a better metaphor - do you know when you have to fart? The Mother is felt by the same sensory system, but, as I've said, in the form of Kundalini, She feels infinitely better. Actually, She feels like Freedom. ;-)

And I keep wondering, why is it any skin off your nose if I decline to convert to your religion of atheism?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

You still haven't answered my question!

What exactly is it about you that makes it so important to you to convince everyone that atheism is "The Truth"?

You're worse than any Bible-thumping fundie; are you still trying to convince yourself, because Santa didn't bring you that pony?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

The bible stupefies people like kids chewing on lead solder. It's ridiculous when people think the bible is all true.

Ohhh nooo.. Are you seeing leprechauns?

After reading the entire Santa book, I still don't believe in Santa.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

imo atheism is the least stinky bowl of sh*t when it comes to something with the least amount of lies.

I'll be happy to believe in leprechauns if there's scientific evidence for leprechauns.

Nah... I just like being ahead of my time. It's also fun to ride the wave of growing atheism and be part of history. And, Christians are funny.

Which bizarrely reminds me of this scene from Goodfellas Funny, How?

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

You're STILL evading the question:

What, exactly, is it that makes you react so venomously to any mention of anything outside your personal box? How does it break your bones or steal your money when somebody mention something you don't like?

Is your faith in the religion of atheism really that fragile?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

I don't like lies. Especially lies that are illegal to tag as lies.

I suppose you think the scientific evidence that supports a world not created by peoplepopperGod is fragile...

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

???? Isn't that a contradiction? "Faith" in the RELIGION of atheism???

Reply to
Robert Baer

Then, of course, you'll be happy to show me the scientific proof that they are lies.

I'll be waiting!

BTW, what does "lies that are illegal to tag as lies" mean?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, cult then. It has all of the same symptoms, just like antismokerism and globalwarmingism - 'scuse me: climatechangeism. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

Show me proof for Noah's arc and I'll show you proof that all animals didn't come from the same spot.

It's illegal to correct the bible. Example: Noah's arc should be tagged as a lie (a falsehood). It's illegal to tag (note, mark, bookmark) the Noah story as a lie. Christianity does not allow corrections. However, Christianity correction does occur in the form of cherry picking. No one talks about exodus 31:15. That one is quietly sweep under the rug..

Science allows corrections and is not under the influence of toiletpaperless desert monkeys who wrote wild and crazy stories.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

afaik.. Atheism is not a religion because atheism can change depending on changes in scientific evidence. For example.. Atheists will believe in leprechauns if there is sufficient evidence. (Ex. Leprechaun autopsy.)

Christianity is absolutism, infallibility, irrefutability and unquestionable acceptance. It is dogma written by people who didn't know what makes urine yellow.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

The cult of the noncult???

The faith of the non-believers??

The religion of the non-religious???

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

This is great, money and religion.

Has anyone read "Angles and Demons" ?

I am looking forward to the movie.

I'll re-read the book to see how close Ron Howard followed it.

don

Reply to
don

Correction...exodus 31:14-16

Reply to
Robert Baer

oops swept rug..

But the best psycho part is Exodus 31:15 GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995) You may work for six days, but the seventh day is a day of worship, a day when you don't work. It is holy to the LORD. Whoever works on that day must be put to death.

Compare to (depending if you take the Sabbath as Sat or Sun):

Nation?s largest Christian retail chain to open on Sundays

Regular Store Hours: Monday to Friday - 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday - 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday - Closed