I'm LOOKING FOR 6 pieces of MAX2452

Once again a Maxim part lasts less then 4 years.

I need 6 pieces of MAX2452ISE

Steve

Reply to
osr

Maxim's new theme is "Innovation Delivered"

Delivered?

Steve, call them and ask for Rebecca Graves. If she can't get the chips then that would really mean end of the road.

ROFL!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

They ACTUALLY made six?????

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yup..that is the air inside the package...

Reply to
Robert Baer

I was elated when TI started making the 232I and pricing it at 1/6th the price of Maxim.

I need a small SSB ham rig and this looked good:

SSB modulator covers HF band,

Simple, cheap and elegant, and NOT frequency dependent. Ie I could cover 10,20,40 and 80 meters with one little board.

It looked good because only needed 2 FC instead of the normal 4 FC for a digital based Weaver method SSB modulator. My friend and I are building two small ham rigs to reduce cell bills.

Before anyone says buy it, the kits out there are lame, using crystal roofing filters using hand selected microprocessor crystals, so your residual opposite sideband is dependent on a drifty LC phase shifter. If its not lame, its SDR based SSB using a sound card, and we don't want to haul around laptops to communicate in emergencies. A commercial Japanese HF rig is 450-1200$ these days. Used HF stuff on ebay fetches a premium price, and we like to build stuff simple and repairable.

I liked 2 FC, because I already have two 0-20 Mhz DDS boards, but would need 29 Mhz for 4fc, so if I change the clock on the DDS, I'm very close to the DDS upper end spurs.

But alas, as usual, Maxim maketh and Maxim taketh away.

Steve

Reply to
osr

This is of interest to me also ! But I cannot find any info on either manufacturers web site for either device.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.