Re: the mystery of money

> Why is it, on paper currency the portrait is full > face, while on coins, it's profile?

Noses stick out in metal.

-- Uncle Al

Uncle Al

Unless your name is Pinocchio. Then it sticks out in wood.

Reply to
gearhead

[Sigh] I guess we'll never have Dolly Parton on a coin then.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the
means he uses to frighten you. -- Eric Hoffer
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

My God...it lives. Did you give up drinking the purple Jesus juice from your test tubes?

The Mad Ape

The Mad Ape

How about a Braille Playboy? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

. . . .

Reply to
Mensanator

Didn't they once have a topless lady on the quarter?

Dave Greene

Reply to
DAVID GREENE

Look for the "Standing Liberty" half-dollar, and try "Walking Liberty" as well.

If you find one, give us a link!

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yup! Created a rukus then...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Nope.

Nope. ("Walking Liberty" was originally on a quarter)

Unless these modern renditions have altered the original designs.

But the historic images avilable online don't appear topless either.

Reply to
Mensanator

She was just a two-bit-- forget it, the FCC is watching.

--
Eric Sosman
esosman@ieee-dot-org.invalid

Here it is, wardrobe malfunction and all. The 1916-17 Standing Liberty US quater, just like Janet Jackson. Maybe it was to show solidarity with the French during WWI.

Apparently they put her clothes back on in 1918.

Dave Greene

Reply to
DAVID GREENE