Re: Statement from President Joe Biden on Decision to Pause Pending Approvals of Liquefied Natural Gas Exports

The world will get energy from coal if they can't get NG.

But we can leave our gas in the ground for our future use. Let Japan and China and India and Germany burn coal. Lots of coal.

Reply to
john larkin

And "we" (the monkeys with computers) need to really figure this energy mess out, especially if "we" want to stick about.

It's somewhat disheartening that the kids associate "Christmas" with "rainy"... (noting that as a kid, it was pretty much guaranteed to be snowy from Thanksgiving to April).

Reply to
Dan Purgert

Just off Lake Erie here. Sure we had a few days of wicked cold and snow, but it's once again green. Been like this easily the last 4-5 years, if not longer.

Know a couple of people who do maple sugaring, and they've been saying the warm spells are messing with the trees nowadays too ...

I'm certainly not a climate scientist, so maybe this is actually a bit of a "normal" spell the planet goes through. But we've had more than a few "environmental crises" since I was a kid:

- acid rain (industry cleaned up, and it's been somewhat solved?) - ozone layer (stopped using CFCs, and it's been somewhat solved?) - climate change (ehhh ... )

Reply to
Dan Purgert

Pardon me if this a dupe.

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 08:13:39 -0800, John Larkin wrote: <snip>

Of course it's all new (money ), just ask Al Gore....

Reply to
jim whitby