Re: OT Proven Alternative Energy

Rick Samuel wrote:

>> "technomaNge" wrote: >> >... snip ... >> >>> Best idea of all the alternatives, if you ask me. Even the >>> French {spit} are smart enough to run them without blowing >>> everything up or radiation poisoning everyone. >> >> Correct, a generic power plant that can be put ALMOST anywhere. >> Not a one-of-a-kind plants, highly engineered, site specific >> one, too expensive. "Oh, you need XXX megawatts, well, we have >> just your model, in stock too". > >Yes, you can put the plants anywhere. However, then you have to >collect and hold the radioactive and poisonous detritus, for some >multiple of 10,000 years. This is obviously a minor problem, and >can be left to the next generations to solve, or fail to solve. >Bah Humbug.

Ok, time for Nuke 101, again... :-(

If it takes a long time to go away (long half life) then it ain't very radioactive, so you don't worry much about it. If it's really hot, then it doesn't take very long to go way. The BS about 10,000 year intervals is just liberal scare propaganda designed to prevent anyone switching from oil to nuke power.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.