LM566 alternative.

I have benn trying to find a decent alternative to the LM566 VCO. It
does not seem to be sold anymore at reputable sellers and the ones on
EBay (from China) I don't trust to be authentic or unrecycled. Does
anyone know of a 8 to 16 pin alternative (just square and triangle
out) that won't break the bank.
Thanks
-Slackmeister

Re: LM566 alternative.

NTE994M  VCO 8pin DIP

availability and price are beyond my knowledge.
DuckDuckGo search for more info...

Cheers!

Re: LM566 alternative.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Look for a XR2206 or ICL8038.  They are both old chips and may or may
not still be around.

---

Re: LM566 alternative.

may be you can search on octopus for dealers ?
https://octopart.com/search?q=lm566

--

Jean-Yves.

Re: LM566 alternative.

    Isn't that the I.C. that was used to descramble TV back in the late
'70s? If so, it wasn't available from any know dealer by 1980.

Re: LM566 alternative.

That was the NE565 PLL. The LM566 is a 8-pin VCO with square-wave and
triangle-wave output.

David

---

Re: LM566 alternative.

    It was over 30 years ago that people were bugging me to find it for
them, so I wasn't sure. It wasn't advertised by any of the wholesalers I
used, so I told them to look for it, for themselves.

Site Timeline