Re: OT Proven Alternative Energy

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 08:34:12 -0400, the infamous John Bailey scrawled the following:

> >>Op-Ed piece in the local paper, the Orange County [CA] Register, lower >>left 20 or so column-inches, page "Local 14", Fri, Oct. 24, 2008: >> >>
> >I agree with this thinking. By the way--afaik only one of the >current candidates for president includes "45 nuclear plants by >2030" in his platform.

Must be BamBam. We now have something like 120 plants running right now. No, wait, Democrats don't believe in 'newkyaler' energy, do they? It must be McCain, and that number must be for -new- plants.

This just in, an idea which will eventually reduce the need for energy in Louisiana. Well, unless they keep rebaiting the trap:

--snip-- Coonass Engineering

Okay, everyone is always telling Beaudreax and Thibodeaux jokes implying that coonasses aren't smart, but anybody who would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats.....is a pure genius and should be recognized as such.

--snip--

For those who worry about nuclear waste (and they should) an >alternative is Deep Earth Geothermal Energy >
>(14 Mb pdf) - Report prepared by an MIT-led interdisciplinary panel, >was released to the public January 22, 2007. The report suggests that >100,000 MWe of electrical generation capacity can be met through EGS >within 50 years with a modest investment in R&D. > >For a shorter introduction, see: >

Looks promising for some generation, but not nearly as efficient as nuke.

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

greenhouse

I don't see it... The nukes seem to have a lot of externalities that do not exist with this stuff. But there is a real water problem in the west. I wonder how much of this steam can be recovered and recirculated? Or of a pipeline across the Sonora panhandle can bring seawater, or if seawater would even work.

Reply to
Michael Coburn