Re: OT: Can modern PCs run 5-1/4" floppy drives?

Late at night, by candle light, Joerg penned this immortal opus:

Sure. Take a look at

in distributions/LiveCD for alternatives. Grab the image and burn it to CD. YMMV.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

Late at night, by candle light, "Michael A. Terrell" penned this immortal opus:

Good idea anyway. A couple of years ago I copied off a bunch of legacy

5 1/4" discs. They seem to oxidize or get mold over time, make a hell of a racket in the drive and for the most part be hard to read. Fixed it by cutting up an edge of the jacket, pick out the media, wipe it off with a cloth slightly damped with isopropyl, put it back and tape over the edge. They worked fine after that but I discarded them after everything was copied.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

Ok, we'll do. we've had it for a while now. it came in handy when moving old data from 5.25 floppy industrial machines when updating the PC :)

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie