UPDATE: Most Common Problem With Floppy Disk Drives

Hi,

Hi, > > I have three computers that developed problems with reading floppy disks. >Note: This problem occurred at a different time for each computer. > > What is the most common problem with floppy disk drives? > > Thanks in advance, Brad > > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., > be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.
Reply to
Brad

Try a hydraulics shop for o-rings and other seals.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Here in Australia we have a trade shop which supplies repairers with components, and they have an extensive range of circular/square/flat drive belts for audio etc gear. I'm sure there are similar suppliers over your side.

Reply to
rebel

A floppy drive with a belt, and in a laptop? I haven't seen anything but direct drive motors in floppy drives, since the 360K full height

5.25" drives went away. Who made the drive, and what is the model number?
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm sure I've seen belts in 3.5" laptop drives, but they'd date from a time when the floppy drives were the only storage the laptop had.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

My AcerNote Lite laptops use external floppy drives which have a belt drive.

I suspect it is done to achieve a low profile (although why a low profile matters on an external drive is a mystery).

Reply to
budgie

thickness

I've seen hundreds of 3.5" drives, including the early full height, but never one with a drive belt.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:57:12 +0000, Michael A. Terrell Has Frothed:

thickness

The floppy drive in a Roland S-10 sampling keyboard also has a belt.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

For belts, I have been lucky here. Menu on left side: Belts

Reply to
Splork

Splork wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Where is 'here'? I don't see any menu on the left side of my screen. I am using xnews to read the sci.electonics.repair newsgroup.

I am guessing that you are using google groups or some other way of reading news groups, but you need to keep in minds that many others are not doing so and are not seeing the ads that you are seeing.

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

bz+ser@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Reply to
bz

There are no URLs in his message. He must have forgot to paste them in.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

I had a Toshiba Satellite 100 (I think). It was a PI-75, with a 540 MB HDD. Its floppy drive spindle was belt driven from a DC-PM motor.I think though, the slightly newert Laptop I have has a direct drive floppy.

Reply to
Gary Tait